NAD! First Diezel! Need the Hetfield fanboys to chime in lol

Explorerthis

Picked up a VHX and was wondering if any Metallica fans have any good Hetfield rhythm and clean presets? I come from playing nothing but Mesa’s for ages so the Diezel is a bit of a learning curve for me. Thanks!
IMG_0063.jpeg

Welcome! As @the other John Browne pinged me, I am the ultimate fanboy. Here are some JC-120 cleans below.

Start with shape 0 in classic mode, lower bass and boost mids/treble. Also no mid-cut or raising of deep. That works for me... but I can maybe make a vid going through the settings. Also red channel can be used for chug chug as well and not just lead. The VHX loves OD pedals in the Pre-loop. @Leo Diezel said Modern is more in Mesa territory so experiment. Once you go to shape 1 and 2, things get REAL boomy and you need an OD or to cut lows.

Report back some settings and I'll post some soon here.

JC-120 wanna be tone:

@MesaSean The clean tone sounds killer, I’ll have to dial that in. Certainly wouldn’t mind a quick vid of it dialing in.

I remember you from back on the ESP boards ages ago when it was in its heyday. I went through a lot of mx’s and jh sigs. Sadly I sold em all but I’m getting back into it many years later at the height of inflation. Still salty I sold my mint jh2 and Chechen KL that James signed. You still had the two that I could never get my hands on Jh3 and mx220 eet fuk. Maaaaybe one day. But since I’m only rocking a snakebyte now you should sell me a MX 😳😂

On my Mesa mark v I was running the puppet master eq in the loop and it really tightened the tone up. I swear the diezel sounds better in my 2x12 recto than the RL diezel 4x12 with 30’s. I might try a Diezel FL with the g12k’s.

Here is my VHX trying to sound like James' live JC-120 Triaxis cleans he used to use:

For chugs I use Shape 0, blue, boost mids, treble and presence then lower bass. Same settings I do on my VH4. VH4 sounds a bit better to my ears as it has 6L6 power tubes so I now I want my VHX re tubed with 6L6 tubes.

Cheers!

@MesaSean plugged that in and it sounds siiiick. Thanks. I may be stupid buuut I can’t seem to get the delays to switch through. I think there are 3 options of delay? I’m stuck on “tape”

I’ve noticed I’m have not a hard time between the blue and red channel. The blue has such a precise attack and the red is just HEAVY. It’s a tough call to pick one haha

@MesaSean plugged that in and it sounds siiiick. Thanks. I may be stupid buuut I can’t seem to get the delays to switch through. I think there are 3 options of delay? I’m stuck on “tape”

I’ve noticed I’m have not a hard time between the blue and red channel. The blue has such a precise attack and the red is just HEAVY. It’s a tough call to pick one haha
Hmm I am using the Digital delay in that pic.

I find blue is my fav with shape 0. I do the same thing I do with my VH4.... lower the bass and crank mids/treble/presence. Red also is great for rhythm chug if you want as it is full of mids naturally. Play around with red but reduce gain of course

Turning the knob should cycle between 0-1-2 for 'Digital - Analog - Tape' options on the display

Yeah that doesn’t seem to work. Also I don’t get the options for the reverb or pitch shifter.
Please have a look at those video, it should be pretty easy:

If that still doesn't work would you please give me your software version by going in the setting screen and make a quick record of the issue?

Thank you,
Leo

Back