New amps!!

Nico

I am thrilled with all of Suhr new amps, congratulations.

I like the the SL-68 and the SE-100 the most.

I would like to know if someone had the chance to compare the SL 68 to a 12000 series be it from Metro or Friedman or Marshall. Does it have enough gain to do EVH tones?

Also would like to know the difference tonewise and in voicing of the SE-100 against the PT-100 and OD-100 SE+

And finally is the "new" PT-100 still going to come out? Or was it aborted? Because its been a while and this amp never did come out...

Nico":3hytw32o said:
I am thrilled with all of Suhr new amps, congratulations.

I like the the SL-68 and the SE-100 the most.

I would like to know if someone had the chance to compare the SL 68 to a 12000 series be it from Metro or Friedman or Marshall. Does it have enough gain to do EVH tones?

Also would like to know the difference tonewise and in voicing of the SE-100 against the PT-100 and OD-100 SE+

And finally is the "new" PT-100 still going to come out? Or was it aborted? Because its been a while and this amp never did come out...
everything is going strong on the new PT and Pete is gigging with two prototypes
Everything will be more clear in a few months but this will be a series of amps, they put a gag order on me cause I say too much :cry:

SE-100 is the same as the + these days one is handwired, they are rich and thick and great for someone who has pick control of bass. The rewards is singing fat solo tones think Aldrich.
SL68 can of course do EVH check out 11:40 on this clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HlmLdsqXZc

Hmm what's the new PT amp supposed to be? Is it substantially different than the current run?

Leveraged Sellout":1j58y62c said:
Hmm what's the new PT amp supposed to be? Is it substantially different than the current run?

Initially it was going to be tubes up, possibly 4ch with 3 independent eq's and boost, slightly different gain structure, midi capable..... not sure what Pete and John have decided on but it should be a great amp and will definitely peak my interest. Hoping, hoping they do something different cosmetically. Tho I do like the all black, white logo handwired series cosmetics.....just hate the old PT and OD headshells.

suhrimmetal":2e8cbb1t said:
Leveraged Sellout":2e8cbb1t said:

Initially it was going to be tubes up, possibly 4ch with 3 independent eq's and boost, slightly different gain structure, midi capable..... not sure what Pete and John have decided on but it should be a great amp and will definitely peak my interest. Hoping, hoping they do something different cosmetically. Tho I do like the all black, white logo handwired series cosmetics.....just hate the old PT and OD headshells.

Awesome, looking forward to checking this out for sure, thanks for the information dude!

Back