New Atomica......badass!!

plexipwrd

Hi all,
New to the forum and proud new owner of Atomica S/N 20! Been a Marshall guy for many years...most recently a Dave Bray modified Marshall 1959HW (Panther mod). Great amp and Dave really knows how to add nicely voiced gain.

That being said, the Atomica is in a class all its own. George is one of the best builders in business and the build quality and attention to detail found in this amp is unsurpassed. A test data sheet accompanied the amp.....never recieved an amp with test data before!

The raw agressiveness of this amp can peel the paint off the walls. It has a sharp, well focused and voiced mid range that is Marshallesque but unique at the same time. The bottom is fairly tight and punchy. Standing in front of the cabinet while palm muting chords is like recieving a kick in the chest.

I am using an EP+ from Clinch Effects in front of the amp which can provide up to +18dB of boost. The front end responds and compresses nicely without becoming flubby or mushy.

It's been a while since I have had an amp with an effects loop, but this one seems to work very well. Took a while to get the adjustment of the send level to the effects correct but the Mark Day video tutorial cleared up the operation.

I am currently running the amp as follows
gain style 2nd position (12:00)
thump 1:30
presence 1:00
bass 12:00
mid 12:30
treble 11:30
Gain cranked
Master 11:30
edge switch left position
effects return level 9:00

Finally, hat's off to Brad King!!! An upstanding, honest guy who answered all emails and messages promptly and courteously. Hell, he even chased down the FedEx delivery truck on Friday morning to ensure I had my amp for the weekend and personally delivered to my home...now that's customer service!

Brad, Dave, George, Rob, and Mark have truly hit the nail on the head with this one. :rock:

A truly satisfied customer,
Steve

Welcome to RT. I agree that this is one bad ass amp!!! :rock: :rock: :rock: I am glad I picked one of these up!!! What speakers and cab are you using with it?

metalmaniac93":3m85za6k said:
Welcome to RT. I agree that this is one bad ass amp!!! :rock: :rock: :rock: I am glad I picked one of these up!!! What speakers and cab are you using with it?

I just picked up the Cameron 4x12 with the G12-30H's from Brad. I was using a Marshall 1960A HW (same speakers) but the cab has to match the head ya know? ;)

plexipwrd":3fh58frw said:
metalmaniac93":3fh58frw said:

I just picked up the Cameron 4x12 with the G12-30H's from Brad. I was using a Marshall 1960A HW (same speakers) but the cab has to match the head ya know? ;)

Awesome!!! I also have the Cameron 4X12 cab with the G12H30s!!!!

I LOVE my Atomica, and introduced it to Rob Marcello today. He said it was the best sounding amp he'd ever heard.

IMAG0361.jpg

IMAG0362.jpg

Back