New car day....

Unacceptablenorm

We had a 2022 Honda Passport Trailsport, amazing while and we loved it. But the thing sucked gas down like a demon. Yesterday we traded it in for a 2024 Accord Sport Hybrid. We have only put 26 miles on it so far, and wow, what a nice car. Now we won't have to give all our money to the gas stations.
We will miss our Passport, but this car just makes sense here in California with our stupid gas prices.
Stoked and thankful.
:rock:
20231112_091331.jpg

Nice wheels but I would've just taken the money and moved out of state and kept my Passport. I know, we've already had this discussion. Glad my wife's family is completely dysfunctional so she doesn't have any need to stay nearby. In fact, she's glad she's a thousand miles away. SO AM I!!!!

Nice wheels but I would've just taken the money and moved out of state and kept my Passport. I know, we've already had this discussion. Glad my wife's family is completely dysfunctional so she doesn't have any need to stay nearby. In fact, she's glad she's a thousand miles away. SO AM I!!!!
One day, one day man. Can't wait till we can escape this place.
I will miss the Passport, it was a truly awesome little beast. But this Accord is a damn nice car and drives amazingly well, handles great, has enough power to be what I would consider fast.

Last edited:
Congratulations! My brother in law just bought a 23 Chevy 1500 crew cab yesterday. Has a four cylinder turbo….like a 2.7 I believe. Sounds like a four cylinder but it will fuckin run. Probably won’t be worth a damn towing but for just driving around.. I was impressed. No turbo lag at all. My old f350 was like having to wait till the turbo was wound up….lol…but when it kicked watch out…

One day, one day man. Can't wait till we can escape this place.
I will uss the Passport, it was a truly awesome little beast. But this Accord is a damn nice car and drives amazingly well, handles great, has enough power to be what I would consider fast.
It will be an affordable car to make your drive to Texas to house shop as you plan your getaway. I'm not a realtor but I'm a real estate junkie so I know a lot of good spots to look. Unfortunately everything from 20 miles east of I-35 westward has gotten a bit pricey. But hey, you could sell a single wide on an acre in California and still have enough for a limestone palace on acres here.

It will be an affordable car to make your drive to Texas to house shop as you plan your getaway. I'm not a realtor but I'm a real estate junkie so I know a lot of good spots to look. Unfortunately everything from 20 miles east of I-35 westward has gotten a bit pricey. But hey, you could sell a single wide on an acre in California and still have enough for a limestone palace on acres here.
Our townhome here is worth $980,000 right now. What would that get us in Texas?

Our townhome here is worth $980,000 right now. What would that get us in Texas?
WOW.

What it gets you depends on where you want to live. I would avoid Harris, Travis, Williamson, Denton, and Dallas counties. Emissions testing and steep property taxes. I HIGHLY recommend finding 10 or more acres with an agricultural exemption. Keep some goats or sheep. Save money, BIG MONEY, on taxes. In my area 10 or more acres with a 3 bed 2 bath house is going to run around that kind of money, 600k to maybe about a million, maybe a little more, maybe a little less. That would be a place where shooting and hunting is possible. Pure privacy. Crank your new stack at 3 a.m, nobody cares. Rap your straight pipes, it won't matter. Close your gates, nobody will bother you.

I could def makes some recommendations based on what you need nearby. Are you willing to renovate or do you want turn key? Does your wife demand premium shopping? Are you retired or still looking for work? Stuff like that. I love looking and shop all the time just to see what's available.

So how many acres is “Crank your new stack at 3 a.m, nobody cares.”? We need to get realtors hip to this metric.
50k per acre around here, which is out of control. Nothing is moving on account of that. I paid about 17k per acre when I bought in '16. Water and septic on site. A lot of land doesn't have that.

Back