New Luxxtone Chopper S Guitar Build

luxxtone":1vu4bpfj said:
Silverjet":1vu4bpfj said:
What's the output of the singles? Any problem matching up levels? I just got a 2DBB from you last week and LOVE it!

Cool! The 2nd Degree BB are great, would be a good fit on this guitar too. I'm actually not sure of the output of the singles, but I know it's in the vintage single coil range. No problems matching up at all. Higher output pickups are not actually louder, they just distort and compress the signal more. So many times, a lower output pickups actually sounds a bit louder because of less compression, more note separation and more high end.

Hey Jerry!! Nice looking guitar man!! I love it! Absolutely blown away. The singles are Very vintage actually, 5.7. 5.85 middle upon request with old compound enameled wire.

jay

u should know by now like the friedman amps and now Luxxtone guitars, that Im the creative genius behind all these products :LOL: :LOL:

ok maybe not

Tone Merchant":1m20fj5e said:
jay

u should know by now like the friedman amps and now Luxxtone guitars, that Im the creative genius behind all these products :LOL: :LOL:

ok maybe not

:hys: :hys: :hys: :hys: :hys: :hys: :hys: :hys:

:hys: :hys: :hys: :hys: :hys: :hys:

Tone Merchant":3c8fje32 said:
jay

ok maybe not

That's not what I heard...

luxxtone":hg7g93v6 said:
Here's Prototype #4 built for Tone Merchants. Just a couple pictures I took with my phone before delivering. Olympic White over sunburst nitro, compound radius fretboard, real clay dots, Motor City pickups.

img20110308195724.jpg

img20110308195518.jpg

img20110308195613.jpg

img20110308195537.jpg

img20110309160304.jpg

The more I look at this guitar the more I want it in my hands!! :rock:
Kick ass man :thumbsup:

Jay Strange":20261hz2 said:
luxxtone":20261hz2 said:
Here's Prototype #4 built for Tone Merchants. Just a couple pictures I took with my phone before delivering. Olympic White over sunburst nitro, compound radius fretboard, real clay dots, Motor City pickups.

The more I look at this guitar the more I want it in my hands!! :rock:
Kick ass man :thumbsup:

Thanks Jay! We can always make you one! By the way, did you ship out your guitar to us yet?

These look really nice! I dig the green pickgaurd as it helps keep with the vintage relic vibe, the tortoise would look out of place other then the whole mick mars thing. I went to your website but only found parts, when or where can I go c more of your guitar builds? What are ballpark prices for stuff like this? if ordered how long is the wait ? or do u keep some in stock?

I have a custom guitar with a similar headstock but yours is slightly less pointy at the tip.. you have found the perfect balance of look without getting sued by Fender. AWESOME! These guitars look incredible.

joepete77":3lsnm2bu said:
These look really nice! I dig the green pickgaurd as it helps keep with the vintage relic vibe, the tortoise would look out of place other then the whole mick mars thing. I went to your website but only found parts, when or where can I go c more of your guitar builds? What are ballpark prices for stuff like this? if ordered how long is the wait ? or do u keep some in stock?

Yeah, the luxxtone site is just our pickup and parts website. A luxxtone guitars website is being built and will be up in a little while. In the meantime, you can contact Tone Merchants for ordering information. Ballpark prices are $1800 to $2200, and wait time is around 2 months. We do have guitars in stock at Tone Merchants, but not many yet. More are being built as we speak and will be posted as soon as they're done. You can always contact me about build information and custom order specs!

luxxtone":1ffdm3ar said:
joepete77":1ffdm3ar said:

Yeah, the luxxtone site is just our pickup and parts website. A luxxtone guitars website is being built and will be up in a little while. In the meantime, you can contact Tone Merchants for ordering information. Ballpark prices are $1800 to $2200, and wait time is around 2 months. We do have guitars in stock at Tone Merchants, but not many yet. More are being built as we speak and will be posted as soon as they're done. You can always contact me about build information and custom order specs!
thanks,thats cool. I have been shopping around lookin at charvels and such, but I really dig the twist u put on these. I think that the Old WW2 bomber designed guitar looks great as does the white relic above, I dont know which one I would pick.

Jerry is my favorite guitar guy right now and I have 2 guitars on order with him. Very talented and really cares about the builds. Kinda like finding Wayne Charvel back in the day....

kasperjensen":156iggvw said:
Do you make on like that, but with 24 frets?

Really really awesome looking guitar BTW.

Thanks! We don't do any 24 fret models....at least not yet. 24 frets requires and entirely different heel design on the neck, and the body neck pocket and all body routes are completely relocated. Just not enough people asking for it to make it worth a complete re-design and all new templates.

luxxtone":a6wj9q14 said:
kasperjensen":a6wj9q14 said:
Do you make on like that, but with 24 frets?

Really really awesome looking guitar BTW.

Thanks! We don't do any 24 fret models....at least not yet. 24 frets requires and entirely different heel design on the neck, and the body neck pocket and all body routes are completely relocated. Just not enough people asking for it to make it worth a complete re-design and all new templates.

I understand (well I don't but I trust you do :LOL: :LOL: )

Are your guitars customizable...for archetype slapping a Floyd on this guitar? bigger catechism, do you body custom guitars?

Back