New Reb Beach Koa

I just got my Reb Beach yesterday.
Decided to pull the trigger... and boy... an I glad I did.
I friggin LOVE this thing!

I was going to post pics today on a seperate thread, but it's raining outside. How's that for sunny California weather!?

El Mariachi":3uvvu9lj said:

I was going to post pics today on a seperate thread, but it's raining outside. How's that for sunny California weather!?
Is this your first Suhr? If not how does it compare to a Guthrie or Modern?

El Mariachi":32vaf40w said:

How do you like the EMG's with the Koa? Was curious about that combination. Does it have a Reb signature anywhere on it? I like the Koa and the EMG's. Not big on gold hardware though, as a general rule. But, it is a nice looking guitar and I am sure plays like butter.

Steve

I haven't used EMG's in quite a while. So... it took me a little while to adjust to it. I'm going to add an extra battery and run it at 18v. That's how I used to run mine... and it made it sound a little more organic. I'll decide then whether I'll leave the EMG's in there or not. I've been using Bare Knuckles for some time now. But it might be nice to have a change of pace. We'll see... I'm thinking of trying an Aldrich too. I have never tried those.

Yes... she absolutely plays like butter. I'm usually not big on gold HW either... but on the KOA...it's just works VERY nicely. :D

El Mariachi":1sythb4x said:
I haven't used EMG's in quite a while. So... it took me a little while to adjust to it. I'm going to add an extra battery and run it at 18v. That's how I used to run mine... and it made it sound a little more organic. I'll decide then whether I'll leave the EMG's in there or not. I've been using Bare Knuckles for some time now. But it might be nice to have a change of pace. We'll see... I'm thinking of trying an Aldrich too. I have never tried those.

Yes... she absolutely plays like butter. I'm usually not big on gold HW either... but on the KOA...it's just works VERY nicely. :D
I am no fan of gold hardware either but I have a guitar it actually loooks great on. Congrats on the Reb. EMG's I usually can get along with for a little while but I always go back to passives.

El Mariachi":18ph6lh1 said:
Thanks Glip!

Yeah... I have a feeling I'll end up going back to passives at some point too. :yes:
They do sound good and are fun to jam with, but eventually I wind up finding them on the sterile side. The gold looks great on the Reb. I really like the Reb.

Back