New Sheriffs in town! - Axe/Morse/DiMarzio PAFs

First new clip post since the new Sheriffs came into town! Thanks gents. Here's a clip ringing you all in.

Southern Sludge – Axe/Morse/DiMarzio PAFs

Trying figure out how to get some good sounds out of Superior Drummer 2. Here’s a little A theme that I may develop further. I’m also really liking these DiMarzio Anniversary PAFs I popped in my EB Morse -- I enjoy how articulate the neck bucker is on double stop stuff. I know the lead is too low in the mix, but that’s how they like it for TV believe it or not…

https://www.soundclick.com/util/getplaye ... 44814&q=hi

rareguitar":2zadsvcy said:
John,

Sounds great!!! I have always dug your clips.

Thanks Brad, great to see our good board in the safety of a former Marine. Semper Fi bubba! (former Frogman here)

amiller":2zadsvcy said:
Are you going direct?
Yeah, this was a no tweaking, just get it recorded fast thing. I have the DI recorded to, so I could go an re-amp if the producer wants this or that different.

Hey Evil Batman, I still like it after half a day, so I'll do just that.

Thanks man, the lead right there is just the old harmonized in tonal thirds (m3 or M3 - depending on what works with the line and chords) but you probably already know this! I've always liked how it sounds with Brian May and Snynard, and many country guys, but never tried it myself. When I get a chance to go back to this one, I need to look at EQ/levels/panning there cause it's gettgin too muddy with rhythm guitars.

Back