NGD: Modern Set Neck

Recently picked this bad boy up. What a guitar plays great and ring like a bell. I am contemplating swapping out the bridge pickup (SSV+) for something with a bit more sack like an Aldrich, but I knew that going in. This guitar rules.

Pics below from my dealer. Thanks Gelb!

ae00-5821_6_.jpg

ae00-5821_8_.jpg

ae00-5821_3_.jpg

That is awesome. Nice top! Did you custom order this through your dealer or is it one they spec'd and had in stock?

James_E":38wz882n said:
That is awesome. Nice top! Did you custom order this through your dealer or is it one they spec'd and had in stock?

I did not custom order, it was dealer stock. This thing plays like a dream.

In the process of putting an Aldrich in the bridge.

Green Pro Am":b5jhmg34 said:
James_E":b5jhmg34 said:

Enjoy ! The set necks are my favorite guitars

Suhr":23sep3js said:
Green Pro Am":23sep3js said:
James_E":23sep3js said:

Why's that John? Aesthetically or tonally or both? I thought you guys favoured bolt-on construction.

very nice. Congrats.

I agree that i love the pickups in it. I wouldnt swap but sounds like you know what you want.

JimmyBlind":1m3an313 said:
Suhr":1m3an313 said:
Green Pro Am":1m3an313 said:
James_E":1m3an313 said:

Why's that John? Aesthetically or tonally or both? I thought you guys favored bolt-on construction.
Well Bolt on over neck Thru yes.
I love set necks though, I grew up playing DC LP Juniors. Probably owned 10 of them.
The longer scale length set neck is magical for my taste. Has the ring and chime of a strat but the solid tone from a great set neck.
Plus they feel dam sexy in your hand
It isn't vintage of course in it's response but at some time ya gotta be a little different.
For my personal taste it is my favorite.

Back