NGD

Tone Zone

Banned
My 4th Suhr Modern added to my collection (8th Suhr bought in total) - Faded Trans Whale Blue Burst, specs listed below. It arrived absolutely flawless, and they managed to nail the type of top I was hoping for in both figuring and color. Like my other Suhrs, it practically plays itself. It only needed a slight truss rod adjustment and it was ready to rock. It totally screams with the Aldrich pickups! This will most likely be my last one, unless I come into enough money one day to justify getting a setneck Modern. I have never found anything that plays/sounds anywhere near as good as my Suhrs do! Thanks, guys! :rock:

Basswood body
3/16" Flame Maple top
Roasted Maple neck
Indian Rosewood (Dark) fingerboard
Modern Elliptical .800-.850 neck shape with 16" FB radius
Tusq Nut 1.650 Nut Width
Jumbo SS frets
Gotoh 510 (Recessed)
Chrome hardware
Aldrich H/H pickups - Black
Faded Trans Whale Blue Burst finish, Black Back
Black Painted headstock
Scraped Binding
Silver Laser Logo
MOP Side/Face dots

Great looking guitar! One of my favorite Suhr colors. I bet it plays great also. Can't wait to try one out some day. Congrats.

nevusofota":3409wm3m said:
Great looking guitar! One of my favorite Suhr colors. I bet it plays great also. Can't wait to try one out some day. Congrats.

It plays amazingly well! I'd definitely recommend trying one out whenever possible. Everyone's taste on specs differ naturally, but for many of us....I think Guthrie Govan nailed some of the best neck specs on his Moderns back in the day. The .800-.850 neck carve is just right for me, and I prefer a straight flat radius as well, whether it be a 16" or a 14" as found on the Suhr Modern "Satin" model (pictured on the lower right). If you get the opportunity, test drive one of their off-the-shelf "Satin's", they play so nice.

Back