odd time signature's and off beats etc.

Dropped_2_C

i am wanting to fuck around with very odd timings such as meshuggah or play odd measures over 3/4 beats or whatnot, basically is there a site with a generator not a metronome, that will let you input the time you want for the beat and you riff over it or one that will play 16th notes 8th notes 32nd notes etc something to help write odd riffs and or patterns. i know it's a little fucked up i guess something along the lines of a more complex metronome but something that clicks the beat or clicks the time not like a metronome at 200bpom or whatnot something that will beep or click for each strum or whatnot

sorry for the long winded nonsense

http://www.versiontracker.com/php/search.php?mode=basic&action=search&str=metronome&srchArea=windows&x=0&y=0

Should be able to find something there. I actually have a piano for that kinda stuff.

Well, a good metronome should allow you to select time signatures and allow you to have different noises or "clicks." My Roland something-or-other (we imported it from Germany a long time ago) piano has a metronome like that. I'd assume one of those pieces of software should be able to do the same. That, or just learn some Meshuggah songs....

something like 13/8 or whatever i am dicking with meshuggah but i am wanting to have that with some offbeat drums of course, and different timed phrasing thrown in there. i guess something progressive fuck i don't know just wanting to push the idea's further

Well, Meshuggah's guitarists will play in a certain time signature, while the drummer will stay in a normal time signature (4/4 usually). Try downloading some of their GuitarPro tabs or something. I can't download any of those progams I showed you since I have a mac.

Do you have riff ideas, or are you trying to lay down something to riff over?

You should be able to do that in a sequencing program anyway. Im pretty sure Logic and Cubase will do that. I know you can change time signitures in GuitarPro too

>|<>QBB<
Code001":58716 said:
Well, Meshuggah's guitarists will play in a certain time signature, while the drummer will stay in a normal time signature (4/4 usually). Try downloading some of their GuitarPro tabs or something. I can't download any of those progams I showed you since I have a mac.
So it sounds like the drummer can't follow the gtr players right? :LOL:

The best thing I would suggest is a MIDI sequencer of some kind (someone suggested Cubase), then you can see and hear various rhythms and how they interact.

Get Guitar Pro, write out your shit, take the drum track, save it as midi then convert to MP3 and record hot shit..

I found a free program called Weird Metronome that works very well- you can set the measure however you want it, with whatever midi drum sounds you want, and it goes up to 1000 BPM.
http://www.download.com/Weird-Metronome/3000-2133_4-10153027.html?tag=lst-0-1

Back