[sold] Orange Dual Dark 50

Well I'm admitting to myself that my status has ballooned from "enthusiast" to "collector," there's still ultimately a limit to the number of amps I can actually own and play with regularity. These three are on the block at least in part because they are at least somewhat replaceable (the dual dark the least so). Might not sell all three, we shall see. Without further ado...

IMG_9861.jpeg

Orange Dual Dark 50
I bought this one used, but it's in good shape. A few tolex nicks here and there, nothing that's going to bother you. I always call these Orange's answer to the Mesa Dual Rec, but they don't really sound like a dual rec. Big bottom with a biting but not fatiguing top end. Channel B in particular can do a surprisingly sweet clean tone. But you ain't buying this for the clean tone. Comes with two button foot switch but no cables, lightweight cover.

$2300 Shipped CONUS

IMG_9860.jpeg

Matamp GT1
I bought it direct from Matamp. Ordering one takes 4-6 months, currency conversion, import fees, etc. Since I got it has sat in one spot in my studio. Basically a Matamp GTO and GTL in one head. NMV mode is the real deal, but you better have a heckuva load or attenuator. Kick in the master volume and get gloriously fuzzy tones. Kick the treble to 2-3 o clock and it starts to get a slightly more scooped sound that extends beyond the classic Matamp character.

$2300 Shipped CONUS GONE

IMG_9862.jpeg

Mesa Badlander 100
Picked this up recently on a trade, but the condition is excellent and the hang tag is still on. Definitely ticks the “mesa’s JCM 800” box. I quite dig it and the channel setup is great. But between my rev F, Alta 100, and Uber Ultra I think I can find all these tones. But instead of spending like 8 grand to get these tones, you just buy a Badlander. Guess you make better choices than me.

$1700 Shipped GONE

All prices include CONUS shipping and PP Fees. Happy to discount for F+F and big discounts for local pickup in Durham NC.

As with all my listings, this one is FSOT. Prefer cash but could be interested in a deal on:

• Amps: Diezel, Wizard, VHT/Fryette UL, Mesa Mark IV/VII
  • Guitars: Dunable, OG BC Rich, ESP Explorer-Style
  • Interesting speakers or guitar mics

Cash can go either way. You can send offers on whatever, but you are probably getting the vibe from the list above. And broadly I need less stuff!

Last edited:
No one will ever regret that Badlander. Imagine the very best OG 800 tones you have ever heard - with enough untapped gain in reserve that you could take your boost of choice off your board.

Back