Output wiring question??

kurtsstuff2003

77 Marshall JMP 2204 that has these 2 orange wires from the output tranny connected to the speaker jack. I just got this in and can't figure out what or why it's like this?
Anybody an output tranny wiring guru?? Thanks!

Attachments

• DSC_0001 - Copy (5).JPG
    DSC_0001 - Copy (5).JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 34
  • DSC_0002 - Copy (5).JPG
    DSC_0002 - Copy (5).JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 38
That’s ground for something else modded. If you chase the original wire you’ll find it tapped to the nearby socket pins 7 and 8 to ground assuming no 1 ohm bias resistor exists.

You can check it’s ground by putting a meter on it and just touching the chassis. Should measure 0 ohms.

Thanks for the response! It's just the 2 wires coming out of the output transformer straight to the speaker jack?

Last edited:
Thanks for the response! It's just the 2 wires coming out of the output transformer straight to the speaker jack?

No someone added those to somewhere. All of the secondary wiring is attached to the impedance selector. The speaker jacks should also have a wire to pins 7 and 8 and to ground at the closest octal socket. There is nothing to ground from the secondary directly so the wires therefore must logically go somewhere else under the board.

The only thing I can think of if they truly go to the OT is if someone replaced the OT and the secondary and primary are being ran single ended and not differentially with one side going to ground.

Last edited:
Well..I have no idea wished I knew more about this stuff...I can't turn the amp on yet since I'm pretty sure it's been sitting dormant for years. Trying to dig up a variac without actually buying one since..I'll probably use it once for this amp..lol!

Back