..phase inverted tubes ???

virgil

Hi,guys
I need your help..Tell me please, my Egnater M4 (modules: Twin,Sl2,Eg 3/4 Mhg)...
need a phase inverted tube???

If so, where is located? Those two in the rear panel ???

Somebody said that only amps need the phase inverted...but a lot of other guys told me that preamps
like Egnater M4 can use this p.i. tubes...
Please answer to me...
Virgil
:confused:

Are there any benefits to using balanced tubes on the back of the M4? What about a matched set (both tubes same output)?

What tubes come stock in the M4 and modules? Sovtek 12AX7 WA?

When I bought my M4 used it was fully populated with EH except for the VX module which had Tung Sol. I can't decide if I like EH or Tung Sol on the back of the M4. EH gives a rounder sound with more mids. Tung Sol gives a more even response, but has some harsh highs. I'm wondering if stock tubes (Sovtek?) will make it sound more like Bruce intended.

ugg":6ada7 said:
Are there any benefits to using balanced tubes on the back of the M4? What about a matched set (both tubes same output)?

What tubes come stock in the M4 and modules? Sovtek 12AX7 WA?

When I bought my M4 used it was fully populated with EH except for the VX module which had Tung Sol. I can't decide if I like EH or Tung Sol on the back of the M4. EH gives a rounder sound with more mids. Tung Sol gives a more even response, but has some harsh highs. I'm wondering if stock tubes (Sovtek?) will make it sound more like Bruce intended.
Yes to your answer...Bruce feels they give the best tone and durability.

Back