Polyphia is So Cutting Edge…😉

Honestly if they didn’t act like d bags I think people would like it more . Their attitudes just push people away . In guitar world they said they realized their mouths were hurting their image and learned lessons

I thought polyphia was something you had removed from your intestines but it's a band too so I checked out "ego death" by them. Is this music supposed to be heavy metal? Serious question.
I enjoy it; i wouldn't call it metal; I saw them live in September; down front.

IMG_0362.JPG

Honestly if they didn’t act like d bags I think people would like it more . Their attitudes just push people away . In guitar world they said they realized their mouths were hurting their image and learned lessons
i don't mind them challenging visual norms, like the way they look, or rubbing each others thighs in that one video, or whatever. They're young hipster types after all. thats what they do. I mean thats very shtick-y, but i can get past the artist. i like a lot of burzum stuff for fucks sake and we all know Varg is a little off his rocker lol.
I think what turned me off was the lack of there being like a real song in there, and then the hype of them being like this new orignal phenomenon.

i don't think he or anyone else claimed he was the first to do what he does, but ok. Hype kills artists.
I kinda feel bad for this guy a little. The femboy thing is an easy target to make fun of, but he seems like a pretty schooled kid who built his chops like the rest of us. you can't just buy that kind of talent or skill level. Its when the media and internet try to make it into something its not, or jump on one little quote and try and build it into a controvery or story, that people start with backlash shit to people who probably don't deserve it.
I remember in the early 2000's when Opeth was critically acclaimed and everything they did was praised (rightfully so), all the guys on the metal message boards started hating on opeth big time. "oh they just rip off Camel and add growls, they're boring, they're gay, Mikeal Akerfeldt carries a purse, etc".

I didn't know I could have such a high degree of respect for someone's talent but also want to punch them in the face for using it in the cringiest way possible at the same time.
Which parts are cringey? Don't get me wrong I find bits of it off-putting too, though I wonder if it's the same bits you do.

Which parts are cringey? Don't get me wrong I find bits of it off-putting too, though I wonder if it's the same bits you do.

Partly it's the ridiculous exaggerated head flailing and overdone body gyrations, which are clearly choreographed and not what he would naturally do, mixed with the smug look on his face that lets you know he thinks he's super hot shit and that "obviously you've never seen anything as fabulous as me.”

And partly it's that the pieces he chose to embellish upon were obviously picked because of how stock standard, universally recognizable they are, like he's specifically making these videos as instagram bait to be gawked at by rubes.

He's obviously got some talent and coordination but the whole thing is just really, really obnoxious.

Last edited:
Partly it's the ridiculous exaggerated head flailing and overdone body gyrations, which are clearly choreographed and not what he would naturally do, mixed with the smug look on his face that lets you know he thinks he's super hot shit and that "obviously you've never seen anything as cool as me."

And partly it's that the pieces he chose to embellish upon were obviously picked because of how stock standard, universally recognizable they are, like he's specifically making these videos as instagram bait to be gawked at by rubes.

He's obviously got some talent and coordination but the whole thing is just really, really obnoxious.

It reminds me of a cat walking on a piano and just happening to be in tune to someone playing Chiodos in the background.

I'm sorry i'm not impressed by his note choice or soloing, hes just a twink waitress at femboy hooters who has chops and no taste or style whatsoever.

I am not a huge EVH fan, but I completely get why people love it and it blew minds back in the day. This, I don't get AT ALL. Polyphia literally just sounds like my 15 year old self messing around on guitar pro making "crazy technical solo shit" - and the fact that people are impressed by this quantized within an inch of its life robot music is incredibly annoying

Back