Randall RH50T...

mctallica1

I saw a forumite on HC buy one and tell us how good they are.

Believe it!

I saw them on Music123 for a little over $500 and figured: why not?

All I can say is for $500 ish NEW, they are one KICK ASS amp!

I am amazed how good the clean and gain channel(s) sound. I prefer the first gain channel and the treble on the clean is almost unuseable after about 10 oclock, but WOW.

Interestingly, you can go from JCM800ish on steriods all the way to modern Randall type tones on teh gain channel. I have not tried low gain on that channel yet, but will.

Build quality is a bit suspect (EXTREMELY LIGHT), but the tone is exceptional..... much better than I was expecting!

For someone on a budget that wants to have a tube amp, this is definitely a contender.

If you get the chance, try one out. :wink:

yngwie1993":302e1 said:
post some clips ,i m curious!

Sorry man.... I am still a lame ass, no clip making MOFO :oops:

It is certainly possible they are built in the same place. Stranger things have happened.

I have never played a Madison, but for the price the RH50T is great.

I have owned a lot of high end amps and think the tone in this little amp can compete with many of them. I am positive there are corners cut on production...otherwise it could never be this cheap. You can't expect this amp to built to the production quality of, say, a Soldano. Judge it for what it is, not what it is not.

Compared to the cheap shit I started out on, I would have LOVED to have one of these things. :wink:

I am certainly not saying it is the be all end all amp, but for anyone lookign for a tube amp on a budget, this little monster is somethign you should check out.

I dont know if its true,but they re suppose the be in a similar ballpark as the jcm800 but more civilised,i saw an article about that amp but sorry i just cant remember where...

by the way,Im sorry for my poor english! :wink:

yngwie1993":50f2c said:
I dont know if its true,but they re suppose the be in a similar ballpark as the jcm800 but more civilised,i saw an article about that amp but sorry i just cant remember where...

by the way,Im sorry for my poor english! :wink:

Dude,

Your english is probably better than mine! :p

It definitely can get into JCM800 territory, but it has a bit more modern tone and quite a bit more gain.

I still haven't tried an EQ in the loop, but plan to as soon as I get the G Flex cab.... too many cords running everywhere now with the headbone.

I am still really digging this thing. Played some stuff off Reigning Blood last night and it sounded really good....but maybe a tad too smooth.

I found one of these for 285 shipped! I think I'm gonna jump on it, I've been looking for a cheap amp that fits exactly that criteria. jcm800/plexi on steroids. I think I'll get a TS9 as well for safe measure. If that plan falls through It will have to be a small rack setup for me.

Back