Rebel 30 PPIMV integrated?

Moradi2

Hi, can one pull two tubes from the Rebel 30, and then the "tube mix" would function as a P.P.I.M.V.? (post phase-inverter mastervolume)
Would this require a different ohm setting on the output?
I usually don't use the el84's, but sure could find use for a ppimv.

regards
Svein

This is my main amp, but I have never tried that, since I use the el84s for power chord work.

I suppose you just have to try it. I'd use a lint-free cloth to handle the tubes.

Thanks,
Not understanding 100% how the tube-mix functions I'm not sure if:
-Something bad happens if I pull a tube pair (would it change any voltages or DC inside the amp)?
-Would pulling one tube pair be similar to removing one tube pair on a 100w amp, requiring a ohm output adjustment?
-Does the tube-mix function like a quadrophonic "balance" potmeter, so pulling oe set of tubes should result in a PPiMV function?

Svein

Thanks,
Not understanding 100% how the tube-mix functions I'm not sure if:
-Something bad happens if I pull a tube pair (would it change any voltages or DC inside the amp)?
The voltages will change some but nothing harmful.
-Would pulling one tube pair be similar to removing one tube pair on a 100w amp, requiring a ohm output adjustment?
Required?...not really but YES, same as any other amp if you pull a pair of tubes.
-Does the tube-mix function like a quadrophonic "balance" potmeter, so pulling oe set of tubes should result in a PPiMV function?
Interesting thought. Yes, it basically does that. Try it and let us know if it does what you want. In fact, what is it that you want it to do?

Svein

Great!
Should I set the output impedance to half the value of mye cab, after removing the el84 pair?

I have sometimes missed a mastervolume for the clean channel, especially at practice levels, the clean channel does hiss a bit, and the bright switch is to powerful at low levels. Also interested in how the amp distorts with a ppimv (never had an amp with one).

(I am currently also looking at making the clean channel more blackface, I LOOVVE the cleans in my TOL-100 and was hoping to closer approximate that, I guess the slope resistor is the biggest difference.)

Back