Request for Bruce

datriani

Bruce, long time fan of your amps as well as the products you've developed with Rocktron in the past. I've owned a number of your amps include the TOL50, TOL100, (Rocktron versions as well), rebels, tweakers, renegade but my favorite amp of them all was the M4 Preamp. Like other players in the last few years, I've gone from a big and heavy rack system to a comprehensive pedalboard system using a few Eventide H9s, and other pedals that enable me to achieve a rack quality sound in a small pedalboard format.

I would love to see the concept and design of the M4 Preamp in a pedal form. The ability to swap in and out various preamps modules within a pedal enclosure would be amazing.

My ideal pedal:
- Each chassis has 2 module bays but they're designed in a way where you can use 2 (or more) chassis and put them side by side and they look seamless.
- Each chassis has 2 buttons that can be programmed to access the individual module (like the M4) AND the ability to select 2 or more channels at the same time, running in parallel (this way multiple channels can be selected with 1 button, like running into 2 different amps to get a bigger sound;
- Interconnection between 2 or more chassis with the ability to program each additional unit's 2 buttons to do specific functions for channel switching, i.e. (button 1 can be programmed to select channel 1, button 2 - ch 1 and 2, button 3 selects ch 1 and 3; button 4 selects ch 4 OR any combination of)
- Stereo parallel effects loop (something similar to the Xotic Stereo Blender would be the ultimate)
- Midi capabilities
- Recording out

I realize with tube preamps, you need to run them at a certain voltage/amp to achieve the right sound. A wall wart or unique power supply is annoying for a pedal board user so maybe a separate power supply that is shaped like a Voodoo labs unit (can fit under a pedaltrain board) but is built so that the IEC power plugs into your power supply and provides the right voltage for the chassis (up to 3 or 4) but also has an IEC output (and shortened cable) that allows you to power the voodoo lab unit....1 power cable powering both units and you the user doesn't have to replace or add an odd shaped power supply to their existing set up.

For something like this, I would pay $750 +/- $100 for the chassis and 2 modules.

You make awesome amps and rack gear; haven't had a chance to try your pedals yet but it's on my to do list. Thanks for letting share my thoughts.

Back