Reverb Tank

Flyer91

After playing my 4100 for a few weeks now, I found myself (at times) wanting for a better reverb.
So after a bit of searching ... I lucked out and found a used Fender '63 tube reverb tank that has a set of new, uninstalled (and now .... unobtainable) Gomez Amps G-Spring boards with it @$425.
After a bit of dealing we met at a total of $385 delivered, and I just couldn't pass that up! :D

I'll play with it for a bit before I do the Gomez boards mod, and I'll also swap out the 6V6 for a NOS 6K6, as well as swap the TS footswitch jack for a TRS, which I'll wire inside the tank so it will provide remote selection of either the original value, or the widely recommended modification value capacitor, via a 2 button latching footswitch (one button for reverb on/off and one for either the stock or mod cap).

Once it's here and I've had time to play with it, I'll post a demo sound clip ... or a link to it.

I think the 4100 and the '63 Fender tank (modified for 'extra' drip) will be 'surf nirvana' for times when I want that Dick Dale sound. ;)

Back