Rig Set Up

Hey Dave.

I have just bought a bunch of stuff to set up my guitar rig. Im using a randall rm4 preamp loaded with the XTC, 1086, and the Deluxe Mods. I want to run my rig in a W-D-W configuration. The RM4 has a pre-loop output that i want to use to run to my drummer's monitor mixer. Then i want to run the normal left out to its own power amp for a completely dry signal. The right out would go into my rack which would consist of My GCX unit, BBE Sonic Maximizer, and my G Force and the other power amps for the two other cabs.

I run the GCX loops 1,2,5,6 with my regular pedals and then i use a y cable out to loops 3 and 7 to run the G Force in stereo. i have a couple more effect pedals after that that are run in the stereo signal. The outputs of loops four and eight would go to the power amp and then out to the cabs.

I just wanted to know if the way i run this is the most efficient way?

Yeah nothing wrong with whats going on. You might want to consider a line mixer for the gforce if you have any dry going to your wet cabs because there is a slight latency running through it compared to the dry center cab. Dave

Back