Rig Talk Rat Pedal -- Sold Out -- First run shipped - 2nd Run ships today 05/24/24

I received mine yesterday. What a great looking pedal. All of the little swag and goodies made me giddy. The little Keychain...SWEET. Power is out here, so I can't test it yet but it's already on the board and wired up. Please excuse the messy board pic.
IMG_20240531_140827238.jpg
IMG_20240531_160354494~2.jpg

Last edited:
I was able to do some 'lower volume' testing finally. I have to say, this is EXACTLY what I have been needing on the board. I had a Ratsbane and it just wasn't doing the trick for me.

Something about the frequency ranges for the filter and presence knobs are just right. Swapping between the 3 modes - you get wonderfully distinct voices/sounds that are all extremely usable. What threw me is just how much the filter, presence, and distortion play off one another. In a matter of seconds, in any mode, you can find the sweet spot by simply sweeping the dials. The punch and ferocity this puts out without being overly harsh or scratchy is impressive. Rocking my strat - Zed - which has these crazy punchy PlanetTone DG pickups that are just.... something else. Will check out the LP and others when I am able.

Oh and you know what else? Super quiet. Just like my other Griffin Analog pedal. I actually turned on the Super Drive without realizing the volume knob had been cranked atw to 100% until I hit a note. The noise floor (or lack thereof) is impressive. They do not seem to color the signal at all when you pass through them, which I cannot say for many other pedals out there.

Overall: An absolute monster of a pedal that I would surely regret not having with me in my musical endeavors. If you are thinking about checking out a new pedal, I'd see what GA has in stock before looking elsewhere.

I was able to do some 'lower volume' testing finally. I have to say, this is EXACTLY what I have been needing on the board. I had a Ratsbane and it just wasn't doing the trick for me.

Something about the frequency ranges for the filter and presence knobs are just right. Swapping between the 3 modes - you get wonderfully distinct voices/sounds that are all extremely usable. What threw me is just how much the filter, presence, and distortion play off one another. In a matter of seconds, in any mode, you can find the sweet spot by simply sweeping the dials. The punch and ferocity this puts out without being overly harsh or scratchy is impressive. Rocking my strat - Zed - which has these crazy punchy PlanetTone DG pickups that are just.... something else. Will check out the LP and others when I am able.

Oh and you know what else? Super quiet. Just like my other Griffin Analog pedal. I actually turned on the Super Drive without realizing the volume knob had been cranked atw to 100% until I hit a note. The noise floor (or lack thereof) is impressive. They do not seem to color the signal at all when you pass through them, which I cannot say for many other pedals out there.

Overall: An absolute monster of a pedal that I would surely regret not having with me in my musical endeavors. If you are thinking about checking out a new pedal, I'd see what GA has in stock before looking elsewhere.
Thanks for the review !! much appreciated ............. Glad you like it !!!

Back