Should I buy an SE+?

I know I'm probably asking a question I already know the answer to around here, but I have a Bogner Ecstasy 101b and a Diezel Einstein that cover just about everything gain-related. However, there's a guy locally selling an OD-100SE+… aside from it being a great amp, which we all know, is it really worth my while to buy one of these given what I have already?

I had one. It screamed.

If you're after the classic 3+SE preamp sound, maybe look into the Suhr Riot pedal. I'm considering buying one myself.

Out of curiosity, why the interest in the amp? If you don't like the Riot, I'd have thought you'd hate the SE+.

To clarify, you asked if it was worth your while to buy the OD100SE+ "given what I already have". I think that, as you stated in your post, if you have everything covered gain related, then the SE+ probably doesn't make much sense. I would think it would cover similar gain styles to your Bogner but with a darker more compressed feel. Given that, I think you may find it redundant. The SE+ does have a world class clean though and is a great amp. It may help to know more about what you are trying to accomplish. Just my thoughts.

It doesn't sound anything like the Bogner or the dieZel.
I'd say try one. It is more present of an amp geared for live playing.

I'd love to do that, but the guy who's selling it won't let me try it (how crazy is that?!?)... I'm "more than welcome" to "test the functionality", but I can't play it because he's sick of people trying his amps. What a gem.

Tell him thats the name of the game of selling gear he signed up for it what a d**k no ones gonna drop money like that without feeling the amp out. I think you should just not buy it out of spite there was a one on ebay not long ago

Back