Smoking pork ribs

VonBonfire

I like the carolina red style. I been getting decent results using oak and the ketchup-vinegar-spices but my wife wants the brown sauce. so I'm using some generic store bought to make her happy. I tried sewing her a dress too but of course that wasn't good enough it had to be store bought too.

That's what I"m doing today. Rib talk, rig talk, and guitar time. Just waiting for junior to get back with my supplies from the store. I was kidding about the sewing stuff though, she loved the dress I made her.

lol

Blessings.

Smoke engaged!!!

I used a little pineapple and lime as an experiment this time to help tenderize and flavor. Since I got bossed about the ribs I'll do my thing plus her generic BBQ sauce. It's actually decent sauce for the cost.

Good luck!

Wish I could help but I'm a dry rub guy. :yes:

dT6DWAu.jpg

Yeah I do dry rub.

equal parts chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper, brown sugar.

I smoke for a few hours. Then wrap in foil, with a little beer at the bottom (few ounces) I also might brush a light coat of sauce on the top at this stage.

Then bake in the oven at 280, until they are the tenderness i like.

Yeah I do dry rub.

equal parts chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper, brown sugar.

I smoke for a few hours. Then wrap in foil, with a little beer at the bottom (few ounces) I also might brush a light coat of sauce on the top at this stage.

Then bake in the oven at 280, until they are the tenderness i like.
I am now a big fan of that Weber Classic rub in my pic because it is essentially all the ingredients you mentioned but in one place, and fairly cheap and easy to find. That, and most of their stuff is Gluten Free. I put it on all kinds of stuff.

Back