Sold - 1985 Gibson Les Paul Custom

God damn that’s hot!

Is a 68 reissue LPC not going to have the same 60s thin profile? 85 was the last year of the Norlin era, but near the end of their reign the quality really increased in their builds. The later 80’s are some of the best. In 1984 they started chamfering LPCs for weight relief. 1983 was the last year they didn’t. Light weight doesn’t mean low quality - anyone interested should know the price is very fair for the quality and age presented.

GLWS!

God damn that’s hot!

Is a 68 reissue LPC not going to have the same 60s thin profile? 85 was the last year of the Norlin era, but near the end of their reign the quality really increased in their builds. The later 80’s are some of the best. In 1984 they started chamfering LPCs for weight relief. 1983 was the last year they didn’t. Light weight doesn’t mean low quality - anyone interested should know the price is very fair for the quality and age presented.

GLWS!

The black and white/cream Custom ‘68 RI’s actually have a big fat “D” shaped neck.

Agree on all of your points about customs from this area. They definitely improved the quality big time when this one was built.

The black and white/cream Custom ‘68 RI’s actually have a big fat “D” shaped neck.

Agree on all of your points about customs from this area. They definitely improved the quality big time when this one was built.
have you taken a tuning machine off to see if it’s maple?

Have to admit that if I knew that I could liquidate a few things in a week or so, I would be trying to snag this. Never seen one before and I dig it!

Back