Some Fractal Fun (Edit: Video Added)

Crunchity

Been mixing into my song ideas these little passages using fingers instead of a pick, but not true "hybrid" picking, that shit is above my pay grade lol....this is more of a legato + the lightest touch with the fingers (intro solo).

Last edited:
Nice, man!!

I’ve been doing this more often and I’m almost to the point that when I’m not doing chugga chugga stuff, I prefer to play without a pick. Especially when using tones that are really dynamically reactive, you really get a lot more range from using fingers instead of a pick.

Nice, man!!

I’ve been doing this more often and I’m almost to the point that when I’m not doing chugga chugga stuff, I prefer to play without a pick. Especially when using tones that are really dynamically reactive, you really get a lot more range from using fingers instead of a pick.
Thanks! I agree about added dynamics/range, especially when using medium-ish gain levels, it kind of makes the playing sound cleaner too.

Sorry to bump this but I wasn't entirely happy with the previous mix/tone, this one is better, thought I'd share it again (video added above).

Last edited:
Back