Sorry gasholes

when I map it out, it ALL leads to some mega corporation buying up everything, setting prices, and we become the slaves
In a libertarian scenario, they don’t need to self regulate, other than to respect property rights. Monopolies are inherently susceptible to more nimble and creative upstart competition, and really only maintain their status because of state interventions. And don’t forget, the state itself is a monopoly, at least within a given territory.

In a libertarian scenario, they don’t need to self regulate, other than to respect property rights. Monopolies are inherently susceptible to more nimble and creative upstart competition, and really only maintain their status because of state interventions. And don’t forget, the state itself is a monopoly, at least within a given territory.

Monopolies that have massive monetary resources can buy the upstart competition out right, or worse choke off/strong arm their supplies, and marketing resources.

Libertarian system would remove "unfair competition laws, and regulations"

I'm not deciding for anyone. The market dictates that. I'm simply here to poke at irrational emotional connections to obsolescence.

The classic car is an exception, it's a collectors item.
Except you kind of did decide for others with your original "None of this is difficult." remark.

"Many people at my work have tesla's, and none of this is a problem."

Good for them. A lot won't pay for the over priced golf carts.

"The market dictates that"

Agreed.. Hertz is dumping them by the thousands: Car rental giant Hertz dumps EVs in U.S. in favour of gasoline engines. Rental firm Hertz Global Holdings said on Thursday it would sell about 20,000 electric vehicles, including Teslas, from its U.S. fleet due to higher expenses related to collision and damage, and will opt for gas-powered vehicles.

Back