SSv2 and 4-12/15 mini review

JR-OZ

Friedman SSv2 with 412/15 cab

I just got my new Ss head with 412/15 cab.

To say I was shocked was an understatement.

I guess after all these years of owning so many amps and god blessed me with a huge stable I was expecting a “godsend” Marshall sound that would work with my rock stuff and in the studio as a lead head or blender. Being a metal guy that finds it hard to get my sound of not compressed yet totally percussive tight with a nice pleasant non plastic top end has always been hard to achieve. Usually I do it with two heads.

The Stevens blew me away the mids and particularly the low mids and this aggressive yet pleasant percussiveness was unreal. What was more special the way I could dig in and down pick like an animal with emgs the amp bended to my playing and was modernesqe then when I changed to some pafs and les Paul 59 and played hard rock blues it’s like the amp bent again to my playing and guitar choices. Something that’s very hard to find typically in todays modern amps in my opinion of course.

All and all the cab and amp is unreal ! I will be contacting Dave for a full rig when I get my touring life together. Yes two heads lol

Oh and for the clean guys no bullshit I have 40 plus amps it’s one of the best in the business.

That blew me away omg wasn’t expecting that !

I’m breaking the cab and head in and will report back. If anyone has any questions pm me I’ll try to help. Also in NY area if I do an open house deal in my studio you’re welcome to come by and give it a run thru.

I’m off to build a temp board and see what works in the loop for a gate.

Back