Suhr Modern Volume

Gjeven

Got my new Suhr Modern and love it, but the volume pot is a little tight and not as easy to turn as say the tone pot is. Is there something easy that I can adjust?

Squirt a little bit of Faderlube in the open part under the wipers and just turn the pot back and forth. It will loosen right up. The stuff is messy though so put a rag around the area. Tuner lube from radioshack will work also. I always use this on new pots that are a little stiff.

Gjeven":2r9hemom said:
Got my new Suhr Modern and love it, but the volume pot is a little tight and not as easy to turn as say the tone pot is. Is there something easy that I can adjust?
The only cleaner you should use is the De-Oxit. If you have a push pull on the Tone they will feel different.
If you have the Bourns pot in there it is a great pot but is smoother stiffer compared to the CTS. We could send you a CTS pot or we could change it out for you.

The tone put is a push/pull. It's not a big deal, it is loosening up a little bit with use.

Im bringing another guitar I bought used to Phil of Philtone to fix some issues with it, I'll probably ask him about the volume pot also.

Either way its fine, and an awesome guitar.

Gjeven":1jefum8a said:
The tone put is a push/pull. It's not a big deal, it is loosening up a little bit with use.

Im bringing another guitar I bought used to Phil of Philtone to fix some issues with it, I'll probably ask him about the volume pot also.

Either way its fine, and an awesome guitar.

Unless it is a simple setup let us take care of anything else to maintain your lifetime warranty !
We can change the pot for you too, it might be one of the new Bourns which start off stiff.

Gjeven":1mbv6xiw said:

I had the same issue ... and my tone knobs are push/pull .... and the tone knob(s) felt easier to turn than my volume knob(s). I ended up swapping out the volume knob with an easier-to-turn knob. I believe the volume pot comes standard with a CTS pot. (which is an excellent pot) All depends on what feel you prefer ... even after using the CTS for a while, it never quite loosened up enough.

Back