Suhr Pickups. Talk to me.

drewiv

I have a set of Suhr Aldrich that I like well enough, I'm just curious about other Suhr pickups. I was considering a DSV/DSH set. What are anyone's thoughts on the Suhr pickup selection? I'm very interested on opinions, I don't have any other experience with their pickups. Thanks.

I had a set of rewound (by Jim Rolph) aldrichs in a modern, rewound to 8 neck and 9 bridge. I liked them but always felt like they were lacking. I put a DSH+ in the bridge and liked that better. Not the greatest comparison cause the Aldrich's are rewound.

tripstan":qao77umk said:
I had a set of rewound (by Jim Rolph) aldrichs in a modern, rewound to 8 neck and 9 bridge. I liked them but always felt like they were lacking. I put a DSH+ in the bridge and liked that better. Not the greatest comparison cause the Aldrich's are rewound.
The Aldrich is like a SSH+ 10% more
DSH+ will have a little less bass, less honk but is wound the same as the SSH+

Suhr":1ooh52sv said:
tripstan":1ooh52sv said:

What would you recommend for drop b-flat? Diesel VH4/Fryette UL voiced amps? I have an alder classic antique

Flavatrocious":30dk997n said:
Suhr":30dk997n said:
tripstan":30dk997n said:

What would you recommend for drop b-flat? Diesel VH4/Fryette UL voiced amps? I have an alder classic antique
The difference is minimal really, SSH+ is going to give you a little more range and the Aldrich will shred a little more. So it really kind of depends on the amount of gain you like

I just dropped an Aldrich into the bridge of my Modern Set Neck. It replaced a SSV+. Man this guitar is a screamer now. The SSV+ is a great pickup, but the Aldrich fits my style better. Very musical for a high output pickup. It splits well too.

tripstan":15h8p1hz said:

FYI the DSH+ is extremely close to the Aldrich. The Aldrich is just 10% overwound and uses Slug Screw instead of Double screw. Double screw smooths things out but lowers bass and output ;)

Back