The cure for the Wizard Mc-100

Hollywood

:checkthisout: Alright we all know there have been some concerns about the Wizard MC-100's and the NON ability to footswitch between the overdrive/gain channel and the lead boosted gain channel. :yes: We all heard about this GAIN MOD on a push/pull at the treble. :doh: Well guys, forget it! :shocked: I'm tellin ya to FORGET .....IT! I got a New Wizard Modern classic 100. I started to try out all the different overdrive, distortion, and just boost pedals. Sunday before last I spent the whole day doing this.
Anyway when I pulled out the Rocket fuel pedal from Majik box/Dave Simpson, I could not get it to come on. :cry: I changed the battery and then opened it up again to notice the battery was getting hot as hell. So I pm'd Dave on here. That's right he is a member. He replied to me that nite and said 'send it to me I will take care of it' :rock: Well I shipped it last tuesday about 3:30 p.m. and it got to him in Cali. on that friday, or last friday 3 days shipping. he PM'D me that it had a faulty diode and he fixed free of charge and stuck a new battery in it. sent it out saturday next day postage. I got it today.
So tonite I come home and tried it with the MC-100 and a greenback top cab. :rock: :rawk: if you do not ever listen to another thing I post. You need to contact Dave and get one of these. The RC pedal has two sections , 1st it has a clean boost with of course the footswitch to activate it. I run this at noon straight up. You will not believe what that alone did for this amp. OMG! And it is every bit controllable. No outta control feedback etc... the 2nd section is the overdrive section. it has level, tone and drive, also it has a bass shift flip switch on the front panel.
I run the level, at 10 o'clock and the tone, at 11 o'clock and the drive, at 10 o'clock. I like all three bass shift options but found #2 the best as a compliment to the MC-100 as is and then the boost with the MC-100. The bass shiift option set in #3 is Cameron like.
So I want to share this with you and also let you know things happen and Dave at Majik box can be counted on to be there when and if you need him.

Sorry for the double post but I did not want to make the one post too long. :LOL: :LOL: The reason I call this pedal the cure for the MC-100 is....you have two KILLER options by footswitch for atleast two more tones, or boost MINIMIUM. guaranteed! ;) You can foot switch the one channel from the back IF you feel the need, rythmm channel to drive channel. Most guys are saying that is a non useful option because they don't need the rythmm channel. Okay I get that.
But the fact remains, the Rocket Fuel pedal has the two options YOU NEED, ALREADY FOOTSWITCHABLE. contained in the same box! It's nice, It's neat , AND IT FK'N SOUNDS KILLER! :worship: :rock: To boot you have a Company owner that has your back! Call Dave or e-mail him. Get a Rocket fuel pedal coming today. two for one, all in a box. :D You will not regret it if you are a Wizard owner..............mod? :confused: ........ Who needs a mod? :LOL: :LOL: ;)

I have a Rockbox Boiling Point that I am hoping, actually feeling pretty positive is going to be amazing with my incoming Wizard. I can hardly wait to give it a try.

Hollywood":iipxuvwm said:
So you got another wizard coming? You getting the MC-100 with the new mod or without?

No new mods for me. I like the one I had, and it had more than enough gain on tap. Also took well to boosts. I am sure the mods are over the top and awesome, but I liked the one without so no desire at this time to try the mods out for me. Do not want to take any chances on losing the touch sensitivity and dynamics, that is what sold me for this amp with its openness and wide sound. Not saying it is any better than any other amp, just fits me perfectly. Also the W/D takes this amp over the top, more gain mods would probably destroy Oklahoma and the midwest and I could not bring myself to that type of destruction. :rock:

you getting a new one from Josh ? Gonna go with what color scheme ? I have the new one stock and the other new one coming next week probablt two I am told with all new mods. I can't wait to do an AB comparision.
It would not suprise me in the least to have the chance to say the original wizard without the mods will be a keeper over the modded one. This Wizard I have is THAT GOOD! :yes: I am glad you are coming back to the Wizards.
I felt kinda bad for you when I read you were going another direction cause I knew from evrything you posted , clips and what all Rik was telling me the Wizard was truly your last stop on the journey! I did not put you on the list when I posted about certain guys that gave me influence to finally jump and get one of these but I should have had your name on there as well. I sit here thinking back and you also were very happy playing the Wizard amp. :thumbsup: Congrats! How long is the wait?

Yes my Wizard was the only amp I did not off for the reasons to get another amp. I had to take care of some personal stuff and had to move something to get cash quick. It was the one thing I knew I could move that was worth something.

I almost went with a Marsha and after figuring everything up I was right back to the price range of the Wizard. Taking nothing away from the Marsha as it sounds very very good. I just know how the Wizard sounds and feels first hand.

In short I am very happy to be getting my second Wizard and I hope that the blessings keep coming for me and my family and our band for this year. I am going with Black and Gold this time, last one was white and black, something about the black and gold reminds me of plexi sexiness. I like it a lot!!!

I also have a 2x12 with rock 20 speakers coming that will match the head.

Thanks for the comments Hollywood and if I had any influence over your purchase that is very cool. If I did not that is fine as well. Main thing is that you got one and know how great they sound.

Big thanks to Josh Sage on this one as he is a top notch guy and has been a lot of help in making this happen for me. I cannot give him enough kudos and recommend him enough!

:thumbsup: Cool man. You know we are brothers with the tubeamps connection. I just had to think this Wizard decision over for alot longer due to cost. But I tell ya I have no problem letting Josh or any of you guys say, 'I TOLD YA SO' :LOL: :LOL: cause on this one you guys were right. To a Fk'n tee! :rock:
I have been building several more amps and I have a list of Pm's from guys wanting to know what I may release next. I actually caught myself thinking last nite that I could sell any one of these amps I got blood sweat and tears in, not to mention all new everything, and I would not cry the 1st tear. Cause I got me a wizard, err.....or two soon. And I find that Wizards are enough! ;) :yes: For me.

Hollywood":3gxq0q06 said:
:thumbsup: Cool man. You know we are brothers with the tubeamps connection. I just had to think this Wizard decision over for alot longer due to cost. But I tell ya I have no problem letting Josh or any of you guys say, 'I TOLD YA SO' :LOL: :LOL: cause on this one you guys were right. To a Fk'n tee! :rock:
I have been building several more amps and I have a list of Pm's from guys wanting to know what I may release next. I actually caught myself thinking last nite that I could sell any one of these amps I got blood sweat and tears in, not to mention all new everything, and I would not cry the 1st tear. Cause I got me a wizard, err.....or two soon. And I find that Wizards are enough! ;) :yes: For me.

Cost was not an issue for me, I just sold off 1/2 of my wifes purses and shoes and easily got there. :LOL: :LOL: :rock:

ttosh":qe1l4zhu said:
No new mods for me. I like the one I had, and it had more than enough gain on tap. Also took well to boosts. I am sure the mods are over the top and awesome, but I liked the one without so no desire at this time to try the mods out for me. Do not want to take any chances on losing the touch sensitivity and dynamics,

As far as I know, with the mods being push/pull pots and bypassable, the stock sound should be there 100 %.

thegame":3qpdh60k said:
ttosh":3qpdh60k said:
No new mods for me. I like the one I had, and it had more than enough gain on tap. Also took well to boosts. I am sure the mods are over the top and awesome, but I liked the one without so no desire at this time to try the mods out for me. Do not want to take any chances on losing the touch sensitivity and dynamics,

As far as I know, with the mods being push/pull pots and bypassable, the stock sound should be there 100 %.

You are probably 100% correct.

Hollywood":1qsori0s said:
1st it has a clean boost ...... You will not believe what that alone did for this amp. OMG! And it is every bit controllable. No outta control feedback etc...

That's my gain modded one in a nutshell!

Back