The Friedman IR-D Preamp Is Here!

This demo sounds great.
I watched the Dave and Sammy one earlier, but what I think is audio clipping kinda ruins the demo.

As a former owner of both a Dirty Shirley and Twin Sister, I still think I would go the route of the IR-X.
I think, if this makes sense, the gain is clearer with the IR-X?
Honestly, not sure how to articulate what I am hearing with the IR-D gain? I dont want to call it muffled.
IR-X to me is a touch more aggressive and clear (again, not sure how to describe the gain) but can be rolled back.
Plexi setting.

I don't think I'd want to "chug" with the IR-D over the IR-X...

...and if lower gain tones are what's drawing someone to the IR-D, I was very pleasantly surprised how good the low to mid gain tones are on the IR-X.

I really dig this thing. I like it more than my IR-X I used to have. I think the overall gain structure of the IR-D is more flexible also. Great low gain crunch and IMO better higher gain sounds too.

It sounds really good through my powerstation and splawn cab too. (Again, better than the IR-X in that regard)

I really dig this thing. I like it more than my IR-X I used to have. I think the overall gain structure of the IR-D is more flexible also. Great low gain crunch and IMO better higher gain sounds too.

It sounds really good through my powerstation and splawn cab too. (Again, better than the IR-X in that regard)

What up man? Been forever....

Back