Torpedo Captor X internal processing

crem5.13

Hey all,

I'm a little intrigued by the captor's specifications listed on Two-Notes' website and would like to check it TN or current Captor X users can chime in, please:
1 - While the unit uses 48k/24bits IRs, the AD/DA converters output at 96k/24bits. Does that mean the internal processing is upsampling the IRs? Or is that not necessarily happening?
2 - I believe the default IR settings are 40ms... while that's plenty for close-mic'ed cabs, can anyone tell me if the DynIR technology automatically changes the setting to 100/200ms when I move the mic far away in the virtual room?

Thanks a lot you all.

Hello

The internal process is different for our DynIR and 3rd party IRs. The latter are converted to 48 kHz when they are imported to the Captor X.
The 40 ms setting does not take out any bass. You have slightly less precision in the bass response compared to 200ms. However, it is not easy to spot the difference, and in a global mix, it is nearly impossible to tell which length of IR is used. The audio performance is linked to the latency indeed. If you set to the shortest setting, you have minimal latency. If you switch to the longer setting, the latency is bigger. However the setting does not change with the mic movement, nor when changing presets. It is a global setting of the unit.

Hello

The internal process is different for our DynIR and 3rd party IRs. The latter are converted to 48 kHz when they are imported to the Captor X.
The 40 ms setting does not take out any bass. You have slightly less precision in the bass response compared to 200ms. However, it is not easy to spot the difference, and in a global mix, it is nearly impossible to tell which length of IR is used. The audio performance is linked to the latency indeed. If you set to the shortest setting, you have minimal latency. If you switch to the longer setting, the latency is bigger. However the setting does not change with the mic movement, nor when changing presets. It is a global setting of the unit.

Thanks for your replies both directly and here on the forum. Regarding this piece:

So... the DynIR are not 48k?

Back