Tune o matic "lock" screws. How are they called?

DonLduk

How are these little headless screws that go in there (pic) and lock the bridge height? I need to buy a replacement.
1649276625971.png

I've always just called them set screws. If you go to a parts place that sells hardware like screws, etc.. Just tell them you need a set screw and what size and I bet they can hook you up.

Got it. I will give it a shot. I swear I saw them somewhere on the internet with a bunch of parts. Can't find them again.

I bet Home Depot or Lowe's, etc.. any hardware store really, should have them. Where I live, we have a store called Tractor Supply that has a really good hardware section and deals in a lot of those "odd" things like this.

That looks like a Tom bridge, not a tune o matic. You are better off buying a new Gotoh tune o matic bridge. never much cared for the bridges with adjustable set screws. Plus, they look funny. But if you insist, yeah, it's just an Allen screw any auto parts store might have it.

TOM = (T)une - (O) - (M)atic. Same thing.
It's really late, what I meant to say was cheap Tom bridge, not a real tune o matic. I didn't realize I was missing a few words until after, and since they don't let you edit your posts here, I couldn't change it. But yeah, bottom line, replacing it with a Gotoh bridge would be best

If you have an ACE hardware close go there. Most of them have a great selection of set screws. If you don't know the size take the bridge with you and make sure you don't' get ones that are too long or they will stick out.

Would greatly help to know the manufacturer of the bridge or at the very least the guitar it came on, otherwise it's a total crapshoot to recommend anything

Back