V-Rock SL100 Video featuring Richard Fortus of Thin Lizzy!

voodooamps

If you want to hear what the Voodoo V-Rock sounds like in a live/band context check out the following video, which features Richard Fortus of GnR guesting with Thin Lizzy in front of 25,000 at Hellfest in France. The video is approximately 1 hour long and Richard is using a vintage Marshall 4x12 loaded with Heritage speakers. Note the Marshall half stack (on both sides of the stage) were not in use. Richard's tone is panned to the right.

If you want to fast-forward to key times of tonal interest check out; 15:10 to 15:15, 24:40 to 26:30 and 48:20 to 50:00

http://liveweb.arte.tv/fr/video/Hellfest___Thin_Lizzy/

YouTube - There are several videos on YouTube however the link above has amazing video/audio as well as the entire set from start to finish. If I can find a video on YouTube with good audio I will post it or if some one else finds it first please feel free to post it! :) Thanks!

Trace,
Thanks for posting that killer video. My V-Rock and matching cab kick ass. I'm less than an hour away and need to stop in sometime to check out the new amps and also see if my Voodoo deluxe modded 6505 will benefit from your updated mod.
Keep up the good work!
Jeff

Trace, Thanks for posting that killer video.

It was my pleasure, I honestly though the band was tight and played extremely well!

My V-Rock and matching cab kick ass.

I'm so glad to hear you are lovin' it!! :)

I'm less than an hour away and need to stop in sometime to check out the new amps and also see if my Voodoo deluxe modded 6505 will benefit from your updated mod.

We have a Platinum Modded 5150 here at the shop you can play on to compare it with your Deluxe Modded 6505 (5150/6505 is one in the same). Just give us a call or email to set up a time (trace@voodooamps.com).

Keep up the good work!

Many thanks Jeff!!
Trace

Wow Trace! That sounds great...of course all of us V-Rock owners know that the amp is great. Do you happen to know which of the Celestion heritage speakers are in that cab?

It looks like Richard Fortus has some mods on his amps. What are they?

pharmd07":2mausmxw said:
Wow Trace! That sounds great...of course all of us V-Rock owners know that the amp is great. Do you happen to know which of the Celestion heritage speakers are in that cab?

It looks like Richard Fortus has some mods on his amps. What are they?

Sorry it took so long to reply but I was trying to find out what the exact speakers were. We just spent this past weekend on the road with Guns N Roses (working amps, etc) and I was able to check out the speakers first hand. There is an x-pattern of Alnico Golds and G12-65's. Both are mic'ed and going through front of house/the pa system. You are also welcome to email me directly if you like (trace@voodooamps.com).

Thanks!!
Trace

Back