VH2 - MIAB Pedal Help

Anxiety Serum

I bought the Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret (Superlead/Superbass pedal) to go with my smaller Vox-like amp to give it some extra juice.

Tried the DLS (in Superlead mode) in front of CH1 in my VH2, and I am kind of liking the sound more than my CH2 tone.

Over time I've gone back and forth with Channel 1 gain maxed, boosted with a Blues Driver and Channel 2 gain about half way as my favorites tones. Option 1 being more open and loose, but very similar tones. I tend to Choose the CH2 option more often.

But running the DSL at 3pm on gain and the CH1 at 1pm on the gain (my normal clean tone setting) is a much different sound. Not as loose as the Ch1 Max Gain w/ Blues Driver, but still more open than the Channel 2. Kind of the best of both worlds.

Does anyone else like running gain pedals into their clean channel of a fire breathing amp? It feels wrong, when there is a killer tube gain right next store.

I just watched Euge's video yesterday where he said an OD pedal is not much more than a specific EQ (i.e. he can EQ most amps to sound like his JCM 800 so just get a EQ pedal and forget ODs).

Should I just play the pedal because I like it, try to re-EQ my channel 2 to sound more like the DSL, or get a Superlead?

If re-EQ is the answer, any setting suggestions. I didn't have much luck with the standard tone knobs (though I am not best at EQing to match another sound).

I did order an MXR 10 Bander earlier today for my VOX so will have that soon.

Hi,

Do whatever feels best.

Recently ive got a BB pre amp and a mini screamer for my Herbert channel 1.

Im enjoying my sound/tone so much since ive been using them. What i enjoy is: the kicked front end in combination with a better sitting mid range. Both pedals are amazing sounding on ch. 1
Ive tried boosting the other channels, it just made the channels sound dead.
Now i get a more marshall type tone, with these two pedals the amp just got much more versitile.

After having played only the ch.1 with the two pedals for 3 months or so ive been enjoying the amps driven channels again once more.

The thing is, ive been playing the herbert longer then 10 years, i just need something else, these where the best choice i could make.

Back