vintage classic has a master vol in the back panel?

gabrired

Hi all,

I'm almost ready to buy my first Wizard. I'm saving money from years, I always thought about the modern classic but lately I'm thinking more and more about the vintage classic. I read somewhere the latest vintage classic has a great MV on the back panel. Is this a standard solution or an option? I can find only a few clip of this amp but I found great comment from the owners...
someone could upload some new video or clip?

Thanks for now,
Gabriele

Can you post a link to the info you found? Google is not bringing anything up on it.
Rick would probably make you one with a MV if you wanted. The lead channel of the MC has a master, but as I understand it, it is not a true master volume. It doesn't have low volume in its vocabulary. I put mine on 1 1/2 and my Wife starts screaming. But, when she goes out, the fucker goes to 4 1/2 and when she comes home I can't hear her yelling. Pretty soon I won't hear her at all. LOL

gabrired":2uidrkev said:
Hi all,

I'm almost ready to buy my first Wizard. I'm saving money from years, I always thought about the modern classic but lately I'm thinking more and more about the vintage classic. I read somewhere the latest vintage classic has a great MV on the back panel. Is this a standard solution or an option? I can find only a few clip of this amp but I found great comment from the owners...

Thanks for now,
Gabriele

The Master on my Metal is better than the master was on my former Mod Clas's. I don't know why. But the Wizards still are loud and of course sound best the louder the better. :scared: :shocked:

glip22":29f8o19s said:
Can you post a link to the info you found? Google is not bringing anything up on it.
Rick would probably make you one with a MV if you wanted. The lead channel of the MC has a master, but as I understand it, it is not a true master volume. It doesn't have low volume in its vocabulary. I put mine on 1 1/2 and my Wife starts screaming. But, when she goes out, the fucker goes to 4 1/2 and when she comes home I can't hear her yelling. Pretty soon I won't hear her at all. LOL

gabrired":29f8o19s said:
Hi all,

Thanks for now,
Gabriele

This is one example but I remember someone talking just like master vol. was a standard in the latest VC... but I can't remember the source..

... "Sound wise, this is the best amp I've ever compared to original Plexis. That is somehow ironic because I do not like the sound of Orange Drops or the sound of MM trannys (but here, the trannys are made to Rick's specs). The other great thing that I really like about this amp is the master volume on the back. I wasn't planning on using it because I've never heard a Plexi type amp that sounded good with any type of MV. BUT this one DO SOUND GREAT !!! I don't believe it's the traditional PPIMV." ...

from the MetroAmp forum: http://forum.metroamp.com/viewtopic.php ... a&start=15

I wonder if it was stock?

gabrired":pfc0pb28 said:
This is one example but I remember someone talking just like master vol. was a standard in the latest VC... but I can't remember the source..

... "Sound wise, this is the best amp I've ever compared to original Plexis. That is somehow ironic because I do not like the sound of Orange Drops or the sound of MM trannys (but here, the trannys are made to Rick's specs). The other great thing that I really like about this amp is the master volume on the back. I wasn't planning on using it because I've never heard a Plexi type amp that sounded good with any type of MV. BUT this one DO SOUND GREAT !!! I don't believe it's the traditional PPIMV." ...

from the MetroAmp forum: http://forum.metroamp.com/viewtopic.php ... a&start=15

The Vintage Classics all come with a power scaling master on the back. They work really well and keep the beef at lower volumes. :thumbsup:

I have one on the back of my Dr Z, doesn't change the tone other than letting you run the volume lower.

Yes it is a badass master at that. The VC's were in need of something for home use. I can say without a doubt I think the master is superior to the MC master. It is called an output control for some odd reason but it makes sense. It is on the back for a set and forget kinda thing. Think of it as an upper threshold for your volume and lets you get sweeter tones from the amp a lot faster. It doesn't degrade from the original plexi aesthetics on the front. I have one now and it is phenomenal. Looks great too being black and gold and all!
Josh

Back