Vintage EJ...

Thump - EJ improvises a LOT live, and if you search cliffs of dover on youtube, you'll see some really cool different intros. Amazing guitarist, if you ever get a chance to see him play, you should.

Pete

amazing, i have this on video. EJ is one and has always been one of the best musical improvisors on the guitar planet. I've seen him do the entire Cliffs intro with just all chord melodies and substitutions...I really like the 85-91 period the best, but this is just stellar. gonna go see him Jan. 18th @ HOB San Diego. he remains on my top 5 all time favorite list for sure.

Ant

SgtThump":askg2b7i said:
I don't follow EJ alot, but he sure does seem to be improvising alot in this clip. Does he always do that
or does he normally play it pretty safe? I dug this clip alot.

Bro man, DUDE! EJ's always looking for new poontang, big booty and tight muff to explore. It's the EJ way...

70strathead":2d95tcf0 said:
gonna go see him Jan. 18th @ HOB San Diego. he remains on my top 5 all time favorite list for sure.
Ant
One of the reasons I posted this. I'm gearing up for him playing with Kyle Brock and Tommy Taylor. It will a good Friday at HOB @ 7:00p.m.

crwnedblasphemy":594maagt said:
It's like watching a fucking Kenny G concert. Fucking get up and rock you fuckin stiffs! :cheers2:

Did you know Randy Rhodes was a classical player, before joining Ozzy? He knew how to rock.

crwnedblasphemy":wg6evvc8 said:
Bad Brad":wg6evvc8 said:
crwnedblasphemy":wg6evvc8 said:
It's like watching a fucking Kenny G concert. Fucking get up and rock you fuckin stiffs! :cheers2:

Did you know Randy Rhodes was a classical player, before joining Ozzy? He knew how to rock.

Your point?

Well my point is this, take a look at Django Reinhardt, Joe Pass, Robert Johnson, Les Paul. These guys were innovators of the music world, and in their own right they did rock. EJ is a great player and has his own style, this guy is such a tone monster it is incredible. Listen to Johnny A, he has his own style as well but he can play the shit out of a guitar.

Jimi Hendrix did the same thing, he took the guitar to another level, no one in the US even dug his music he had to go over to the UK. You may think it's like listening to a fucking Kenny G concert, but are you really listening to it or are you hearing kind of a softer sound and shutting it out. If you are a guitar player, and I'm sure you are. I think deep down you can appreciate Eric Johnson.

There is a whole lot out there, I'm not into Death Metal and shit like that but I'll listen to the guitar parts and think that is great technical stuff. The singing, well thats a different story. But hey everyone has their own opinion, but to compare Eric Johnson to Kenny G is like comparing Pam Anderson to Oprah! :LOL: :LOL:

Bad Brad":nzp3ss6q said:
crwnedblasphemy":nzp3ss6q said:
Bad Brad":nzp3ss6q said:
crwnedblasphemy":nzp3ss6q said:

Your point?

Well my point is this, take a look at Django Reinhardt, Joe Pass, Robert Johnson, Les Paul. These guys were innovators of the music world, and in their own right they did rock. EJ is a great player and has his own style, this guy is such a tone monster it is incredible. Listen to Johnny A, he has his own style as well but he can play the shit out of a guitar.

Jimi Hendrix did the same thing, he took the guitar to another level, no one in the US even dug his music he had to go over to the UK. You may think it's like listening to a fucking Kenny G concert, but are you really listening to it or are you hearing kind of a softer sound and shutting it out. If you are a guitar player, and I'm sure you are. I think deep down you can appreciate Eric Johnson.

There is a whole lot out there, I'm not into Death Metal and shit like that but I'll listen to the guitar parts and think that is great technical stuff. The singing, well thats a different story. But hey everyone has their own opinion, but to compare Eric Johnson to Kenny G is like comparing Pam Anderson to Oprah! :LOL: :LOL:

Whoa Whoa Whoa brad.....You took my post all wrong man. I have always loved E. Johnson. One of my inspirations! What my post meant, if you watched the whole video, was aimed at the audience! Everyone is just sitting around like it was a Kenny G. Show? I meant those idiots in the audience should stand up and rock the fuck out! Not just sit there. Simple misunderstanding. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I can listen to him play the clean intro for hours. Always been a big fan of his clean playing/tone.

crwnedblasphemy":3d3gmb38 said:
Bad Brad":3d3gmb38 said:
Bad Brad":3d3gmb38 said:

Your point?

Whoa Whoa Whoa brad.....You took my post all wrong man. I have always loved E. Johnson. One of my inspirations! What my post meant, if you watched the whole video, was aimed at the audience! Everyone is just sitting around like it was a Kenny G. Show? I meant those idiots in the audience should stand up and rock the fuck out! Not just sit there. Simple misunderstanding. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Gotcha, my bad. I thought you were doggin" EJ.

Back