Warm Audio Clones

BeZo

I just acquired a Warm Audio Warmdrive last night. I haven't tried it out. It is supposedly a good clone of a Zendrive. I do not, however, have a Zendrive to compare. Has anyone compared these? They also do a Klone. Has anyone tried that? Do their clones stack up against the real thing?

I just acquired a Warm Audio Warmdrive last night. I haven't tried it out. It is supposedly a good clone of a Zendrive. I do not, however, have a Zendrive to compare. Has anyone compared these? They also do a Klone. Has anyone tried that? Do their clones stack up against the real thing?
I've made several Zendrives ..... great circuit

I really curious about their studio clones. They do some rack gear that I wouldn't mind having, like their mic pres and compressors.

I have the WA76, it’s been really solid on vocals, but the input pot started crapping out so I had to order another one and have yet to solder it in.

We've been using a matched pair of WA-84's for drum overheads and as a room mic on guitar in conjunction with a 57. They also work good on a acoustic guitar. A pretty decent mic for the money. I would definitely consider more of their gear down the road. The kid just bought a huge soundcraft console, among other gear, we just need the room now!

I really curious about their studio clones. They do some rack gear that I wouldn't mind having, like their mic pres and compressors.
The WA412 API pre clone is pretty good, you can plug and play insert different 2520 opamps, CAPI, API etc. if you would like to experiment.
The WA76 1176 clone is fine too, it's nothing extraordinary, like the BLA Bluey which is a specialty piece, but gets the job done.
Never had the LA2A clone, but it has Kentek optos and nice transformers, so it should be fine.
Hated the Neve clone preamps, just not my vibe, BAE and Heritage I liked a lot more.

Back