What are Some 80’s records That….

Zebra had some epic tunes

I was big on this album by TT Quick, cool cover of Fortunate Son as 2nd tune on the EP

I loved this album and wore it out in high school by Lillian Axe
(Fast forward about 1 minute to get past the long into)

TT Quick. Such an awesome band. I would talk with Dave and Mark when I saw them. I use to see Mark often at a go-go bar on RT9. lol

Steelheart (1990)

My band had a singer (for a few months) back in the day, and we covered "I'll Never Let You Go" - and the dude nailed it, he was 19 at the time. This band did a mix of covers and originals. He could cover anyone from Plant (we did Immigrant Song), Sebastian Bach (we did Slave to the Grind, and Wasted Time), Gary Cherone (we did Get the Funk Out),...

Another band from NYC made him a better offer (edit: is what we heard, he just disappeared and never contacted us, never saw or heard from him again). Never heard of him making it big which was very surprising IMO; most amazing voice I had in one of my bands ever. I thought for sure he'd be famous, maybe he changed his name?

Last edited:
Riot Fire Down Under, One of my all time favorite albums. Really thought they were going to be huge but never happened.

Great thread so far, Razormaid, Rough Cutt, Fifth Angel, Hawk, and Savage Grace are some of my absolute favorite bands. I'm actually going to be playing the same day as Liege Lord and Killer Dwarfs at Blades of Steel Metalfest this year in Madison, Wisconsin.

Vow Wow (originally Bow Wow, and they reverted back to that name) actually originated in the 70s and are one of the most influential domestic bands in Japan, I believe they did have some international success but maybe due to the "weird" name I think they were prevented from being a much bigger band.

Great thread so far, Razormaid, Rough Cutt, Fifth Angel, Hawk, and Savage Grace are some of my absolute favorite bands. I'm actually going to be playing the same day as Liege Lord and Killer Dwarfs at Blades of Steel Metalfest this year in Madison, Wisconsin.

Vow Wow (originally Bow Wow, and they reverted back to that name) actually originated in the 70s and are one of the most influential domestic bands in Japan, I believe they did have some international success but maybe due to the "weird" name I think they were prevented from being a much bigger band.

Nice, sounds a lot like EZO, minus the keys. Japan certainly liked that peaked midrange tone back then…lol

Back