What speakers do you guys use with your PT100?

MARK1970

I have only played my PT100 with Vintage 30s. I recently played it with a G12H30 Ann. and I think I like it more. What speakers have you all tried and what did you ened up using? I am looking to try a Lynchback, Creambacks, and some Scumbacks.

@Suhr or Thorn - What speakers were used originally when creating the PT100?

Pretty much something similar to a G12M (not heritage)
I also tried a Creamback that sounded amazing, previously tried a Lynch back I also liked but haven't compared them to each other

I dont personally care for V30's for that amp and would prefer the Vet30

Originally it was dialed in with the Scumbacks

I've got a Standard + and a CAA 2x12. Originally the cab came with V30s, and I wasn't a fan. I have the Scumback BM65's in there and I LOVE them. Get yourself a pair of scums...you won't regret it!

I have had my amp since 06. It was originally a standard, se+ with 5881, se+ with El 34s, se+ with El34s with plexi tranny, and finally converted to a PT100. I am fortunate to have Jim close so I can try out the many speakers he has. I would love to try the creambacks, but I would have to buy them to make that happen.

Thanks John and Vanlaing!

Suhr":hnnff4ns said:
Pretty much something similar to a G12M (not heritage)
I also tried a Creamback that sounded amazing, previously tried a Lynch back I also liked but haven't compared them to each other

I dont personally care for V30's for that amp and would prefer the Vet30

Originally it was dialed in with the Scumbacks

Must be why mine sounds so good.
2 4x12's here. One w/ M75 65watters
Other cab has H75 65watters LDC

Back