Which volume pot model to replace on Digitech Valve FX

Exhead

Which type pot do I buy?

Digitech Valve FX fully functional except volume pot is sketchy. Being a novice at this but having replaced pots on now 3 amps I am willing to do this one.

Pot that is malfunctioning, still after cleaning is the volume pot. I am just unsure which one is a replacement. It seems to be a 6 pin pot and has a split shaft.

1676821504332.png

1676821552928.png
1676821572314.png

PDF Schematic here.

Am I on the right track? P1?

1676821603666.png

If you mean that with a yellow sticker, it seems to me like Alpha W-taper dual pot 2x100k, probably.

https://www.taydaelectronics.com/100k-ohm-w100k-tone-control-dual-taper-potentiometer.html
This could be it. Nice job finding it. (y)

Whatever it is, the OP should be as careful as possible with the original pot since it might be repairable. I stress this because this could be a discontinued pot and very well may need to be fixed. I hope I wrong, but I had a unti where the dual pot needed a replacement. No replacement was available. The repair place (which was a really good place) tried to fix the original pot and couldnt. Rendered the unit useless.

This could be it. Nice job finding it. (y)

Whatever it is, the OP should be as careful as possible with the original pot since it might be repairable. I stress this because this could be a discontinued pot and very well may need to be fixed. I hope I wrong, but I had a unti where the dual pot needed a replacement. No replacement was available. The repair place (which was a really good place) tried to fix the original pot and couldnt. Rendered the unit useless.
I have tried to clean it but it did not yield full function as it should. It is super touchy and the split shaft is broken.

I am not sure, whether you can find a replacement pot with such a unusual taper. However, I had a bit time to look at the schematic, it's a standard stereo volume circuit, you can use a standard log pot, just find the one with right dimensions. In case you can not find 2x100k, could be 50k or even 25k.

I am not sure, whether you can find a replacement pot with such a unusual taper. However, I had a bit time to look at the schematic, it's a standard stereo volume circuit, you can use a standard log pot, just find the one with right dimensions. In case you can not find 2x100k, could be 50k or even 25k.
Could you afford help in locating a link to a part somewhere that fits the bill?

Which type pot do I buy?

Digitech Valve FX fully functional except volume pot is sketchy. Being a novice at this but having replaced pots on now 3 amps I am willing to do this one.

Pot that is malfunctioning, still after cleaning is the volume pot. I am just unsure which one is a replacement. It seems to be a 6 pin pot and has a split shaft.

View attachment 165976
View attachment 165979 View attachment 165982

PDF Schematic here.

Am I on the right track? P1?

View attachment 165985
This site has parts for all discontinued Digitech devices .
https://www.nocrotec.com/shop/category/digitech-parts/?lang=en

Last edited:
Back