Which WGS speakers for a PT100?

gaboocho

Which WGS speakers would be a good match for a PT100? Thoughts/ experience? Veteran 30's, ET65's?
Looking to put them in a Mills Acoustics Mach 2x12 cab. Thanks!

I've tried ET65s, Reapers, Green Berets, and Vet 30s. I think Vet 30s sound best in my Mills Acoustics cab. I love 'em.

Thanks Sqwank. I heard the Mills cabs are tuned for Vint/ Vet 30's frequencies. You think they would pair well with the PT100?
From what I've read the PT100 is an open sounding, less compressed Marshall style amp. I've also read Pete Thorn uses Scum/Green back style speakers for his signature amp. I guess I'm looking for the WGS speaker that will compliment both the PT amp and the Mills cab.
Has anyone tried the PT100 with Veteran 30's?

gaboocho":3q6qy3kt said:
Thanks Sqwank. I heard the Mills cabs are tuned for Vint/ Vet 30's frequencies. You think they would pair well with the PT100?
From what I've read the PT100 is an open sounding, less compressed Marshall style amp. I've also read Pete Thorn uses Scum/Green back style speakers for his signature amp. I guess I'm looking for the WGS speaker that will compliment both the PT amp and the Mills cab.
Has anyone tried the PT100 with Veteran 30's?

I have and I prefer the V30's in a Bogner cab. I have some Marshall cabs with GB's and the only one I like is my old 68 slant Marshall.
For me there is a weird overtone with the Green Backs and the low end is not as tight as the V30's especially when you turn up.
The only other time I liked the Green Backs with the PT is when they were in my Bogner cab. Pete uses Scumback M75's or 65's in his cabs.
which gives you better and tighter low end. You can add sag with the feedback and presence if you want.

Back