Wizard Cabinets

Wanted to see how many of you guys had Wizard cabs and your thoughts when compared to others.

I have a 4x12 with Alnico Creams that I love.

I’ve ordered a 2x12 with greenbacks but lead time is way beyond what was quoted and have had issues getting in touch with Rick for past months. I know he’s outsourcing this.

I only have experience with 90's era Wizard cabs but I thought the Modern Classic cabs from then were great. Very warm and fat sounding. Not loose per se, but tightness and thump were not it's strong suits. They feel very alive and responsive. The older Metal series with a V angled baffle were somewhat tighter but had an annoying midrangey boxiness. I'm not sure if the current Wizard 4x12s are designed differently than the 90's era Modern Classic cabs but they used to be listed as weighing 75 lbs loaded with Greenbacks. The same style cab is now listed as 85 lbs w/Greenbacks and has a new pin stripe design in the tolex. This may suggest the cab has been redesigned over the years but I am speculating on this. Perhaps Mhenson can shed some light.

I have 4 Wizard cabs. All were made by BAD. Current production is at KSR. I don't know if they are identical. I had heard the new 212s, maybe the 412s for that matter were going to go back to the v baffle that thegame mentioned.

My Wizard cabs sound really good, but honestly my Fryette Fat Bottoms sound better with the Wizards, though the Wizard cab with 4 Redbacks is pretty close. I think my Wizard cabs are basically on par soundwise with Bogner (if you pull that stupid poly fiber batting off the rear panel)

@WizardSouth-JP recently ordered another 412....he may have incite into build times.

I believe Friedman, Wizard and Bogner are made, or were made in the same facility at one point, no? So I would assume all the same quality.

I believe Friedman, Wizard and Bogner are made, or were made in the same facility at one point, no? So I would assume all the same quality.

They have different specs when it comes to the bracing/joints/wood/ thickness/dimensions but yeah, made at same place...at least when BAD made them. Now they are made at KSR.

I have 4 Wizard cabs. All were made by BAD. Current production is at KSR. I don't know if they are identical. I had heard the new 212s, maybe the 412s for that matter were going to go back to the v baffle that thegame mentioned.

My Wizard cabs sound really good, but honestly my Fryette Fat Bottoms sound better with the Wizards, though the Wizard cab with 4 Redbacks is pretty close. I think my Wizard cabs are basically on par soundwise with Bogner (if you pull that stupid poly fiber batting off the rear panel)

@WizardSouth-JP recently ordered another 412....he may have incite into build times.
Hey Matthew...what's your favorite cab and speakers for the moment? For your Wizards that is.

2 412s each loaded with 4 Celestion Redbacks played together is my current favorite!
You and your friends should have an amp fest sometime (in the fall ;)).

I thought about you guys a couple weeks ago when I had to make a trip to McAllen. These days coming from North Texas, I go 281 most of the way. I35E has become a real pain especially through Waco. 281 to the Valley goes straight through San Antone. Next to the Rio Grande Valley, San Antonio has the best Mexican food for me. AND HEB's (my favorite grocery store) everywhere.

You guys must have more Wizards then anyone in Texas! Pretty cool........;)

You and your friends should have an amp fest sometime (in the fall ;)).

I thought about you guys a couple weeks ago when I had to make a trip to McAllen. These days coming from North Texas, I go 281 most of the way. I35E has become a real pain especially through Waco. 281 to the Valley goes straight through San Antone. Next to the Rio Grande Valley, San Antonio has the best Mexican food for me. AND HEB's (my favorite grocery store) everywhere.

You guys must have more Wizards then anyone in Texas! Pretty cool........;)

We get together often. Hit me up next time you’re driving through. 281 goes right by my house. I drive 35 often taking my son up to Norman for school. Depends on the time of day but we sometimes use 281. Waco is for the most part done now at least. It’s north of FT worth that is the problem

Back