Wizard Modern Classic 100

steve_k":3mdskk9n said:
The Wizard MC100 is back from Wizard HQ. Gonna go unpack it and see what top secret mods Dr. Rick made to it.

Steve
We expect a full review in less than two hours. What else do you have to do since you are in "The Book" :LOL: :LOL:

A Nursery Rhyme

Eanie, Meanie, Miney, Mo
One of these sum'bitches gots to go
Make room for the Wizard just back from Rick
Added even more gain, this amp is feckin sick!

Attachments

• IMG_0442.JPG
    IMG_0442.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 3,827
steve_k":2j6b46vq said:
A Nursery Rhyme

Eanie, Meanie, Miney, Mo

Eanie, Meanie, Miney, Mo
Wizards back, Where's Marsha gonna go.
Now send it to Jerry for a bass boost.

I think I will give Steve a leg up and start his review.
Okay, the wizard back from the factory is quieter, has a ton more usable gain.
Seems to have a smoothness to it in playability.
Yet sounds much more aggressive.
Like tossing back a glass of high dollar wine that costs alot. You already had one glass of a similiar wine that was costly and yet here you go tossing back just one more that is supposed to be a better quench for the buck.
You wonder if it is gonna be able to do the majik for the buck.
No sooner than you swallow, :cheers2:
BANG! You realize that this is incredible! :loco: :LOL: :LOL:
Steve did I leave anything out?
Oh, yeah by the way If I am wrong I will gladly delete. :hys:

Hollywood":3r4kli0l said:
Like tossing back a glass of high dollar wine that costs alot. You already had one glass of a similiar wine that was costly and yet here you go tossing back just one more that is supposed to be a better quench for the buck.
Any chance they swapped your Henry five choke for a ten or upped the filtering in the power section? Rick reacted to a few things that were put out there and it sounds like it's good. That amp has a punch to it. :rock:

Hollywood":n7d4ep2o said:

Spot on dude! I only got about an hour with it. But, had it dialed up in about 2 minutes. The extra hair is just what it needed for 99% of the playing I do. The boost now sends it flying over the top. And, quiet too. No hum, buzz or anything annoying. I am completely satisfied with this amp now and with Rick. The voicing of the amp is incredible.

Steve

Just got back to the hotel after spendig the whole afternoon and evening with rick,what a great guy. :rock:

glip22":1zdlcjgh said:
Hollywood":1zdlcjgh said:
Any chance they swapped your Henry five choke for a ten or upped the filtering in the power section? Rick reacted to a few things that were put out there and it sounds like it's good. That amp has a punch to it. :rock:

No idea. Didn't look or ask. Don't even know what tubes he shipped it back to me with.

Steve

:) These kind messages provided by two Wizard customers that had nothing to gain by posting these bits of positive info.
Our money was already spent, our amps originally arrived and after some time required to allow Wizard to show the two of us they mean business, because they know how to do business, they provided a product WELL WORTH THE WAIT !
Thanks Wizard, the MC-100 is incredible! :yes:

I went through a bit with mine. No blame to anyone. I freakin love mine. The amp, when dialed in moves air and there is nothing piercing in the tone. It sits and is balanced and can throw you like the first time I opened a 250 motorcross bike at 16 years old. The clean punch my amp gives :thumbsup:

We are a "worldly" lot..... :D

I got up this morning wanting to go fire the Wiz up and play, but weighed the consequences and just thought about it.

With the refinements made, this is a damn fine amp, with its own organic tone and character, loads of MOJO and everything I thought and wanted it to be. Clearly, the "lines are in the sand" and some brand loyalty is taking shape.

Rick went way out of his way, at their expense to ship and tweak the amp for me. That, is customer service and won't be forgotten.

Steve

glip22":3h7awu9u said:
steve_k":3h7awu9u said:
A Nursery Rhyme

Eanie, Meanie, Miney, Mo

Eanie, Meanie, Miney, Mo
Wizards back, Where's Marsha gonna go.
Now send it to Jerry for a bass boost.

Marsha may go to a new home....

Back