You Need 50 Posts to PM / Buy / Sell / Trade Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

311splawndude

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing your frustration, Brother 3.
It's already stated in this sticky:

Classified Rules - MANDATORY READ Updated 18-05-07

The last line in that post is a plea for peeps to read the rules:

"Seriously people, read the damn rules, we're not going to bother PM'ing people just to get pissy responses, follow the rules or ads are deleted."

There's only so much you can do I guess...

Cleaned up title for professionalism and legibility.

Hopefully peeps don't miss it now, fingers crossed...

Good job Nicky.
I just did some Editing too. Feel free to edit further.
BTW - I didn't do it because it affects me directly. Nor did I feel that LP Freak's post did not cover it. It is just kind of buried at the bottom and not part of the 13 stated rules. I pictured people reading the 13 things and then missing it. If anything - add the 50 post part as Rule #1 or at least at the top :LOL:

LP Freak-
Also, I wanted to take this time to apologize for a recommendation I made weeks ago that in hindsight, was not good advice. I stated that if someone was having trouble getting to 50 posts that they could create a thread in OT and spam their own thread, vs spamming others or unnecessarily bumping threads with no real contribution. We had people just posting things like "Nice" and "Congrats" (or whatever) and that is not really contributing. One guy bumped the first 50 threads in the main forum. What does that accomplish?

What I really envisioned, and didn't explain, was that it would be better to create a thread in OT (or somewhere) and use it to introduce yourself. Talk about your gear. Talk about Good Trades you've had with people. Talk about other Forums you are on and maybe your User Name there. Talk about the type of gear you are looking for. Then, along with other contributing posts in other Forums, you can get to 50 and also provide a record of who you are. That seems more constructive then just random spamming other's threads.

That's all :cheers:

Edit: I will delete this post after LP Freak see's it. I wanted to apologize and be respectful

Last edited:
You're a class act, brother. :cheers:

Good job Nicky.
I just did some Editing too. Feel free to edit further.
BTW - I didn't do it because it affects me directly. Nor did I feel that LP Freak's post did not cover it. It is just kind of buried at the bottom and not part of the 13 stated rules. I pictured people reading the 13 things and then missing it. If anything - add the 50 post part as Rule #1 or at least at the top :LOL:
I've had exactly the same thoughts, Brother 3.

OK... done. Let me know what you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back