Voodoo Lab Ground Control vs. Diezel Columbus

• Thread starter Thread starter RJF
  • Start date Start date
RJF
RJF
I am REALLY wanting to go full midi and get something like a G Force processor and ditch my stomp boxes, and I had my heart set on going with the columbus to control everything as I prefer one brand with my head/cab/controller (yeah I know fanboy blah blah... :lol: :LOL: ) But it looks to me that the Ground Control is probably a better unit, plus the price difference is wide.

Which do you prefer and is the ground control really any better?

i have had my GCP for almost 7 years & beat the crap out of it. Works perfectly each time!!! Columbus is damn nice also. Just didnt see the need to get the Columbus to do the same thing my GCP can do & has done :yes:

I sold my GCP when I got my Columbus. The GCP has more functionality. The Columbus is pretty basic - only does program changes. Built like a tank though. I just wanted the whole matching Diezel set up and didn't need CC.

Not worth what they go for new nowadays though IMO. I got mine early on for less than half the current price. Unless you get a used one, I'd go for the GCP - it's a much better value in the US.

The GCP has become an industry standard for a reason and even Diezel endorsed artists don't use the Columbus... everyone here knows how much I love Diezel but go with the GCP... it's a better unit, it's cheaper, and does more... the Columbus is severely overpriced IMO...

Back