Cameron Amps NAMM 2012 & UPDATE

King Guitar

Banned
Hey Guys,

I wanted to bring you all a Cameron Amps update as we approach NAMM next month.

Please note we will not be in the Main NAMM venue at the convention center.

We will be at the American Amp & Custom Guitar Show put on by Lonnie Spector who does the LA and NY amp shows. This will be running the Friday and Saturday down the street from NAMM at the AYRES Anaheim Hotel on Kettela Ave.

stacks_image_28.jpg

Once again anyone can come to the American Amp and Custom Guitar show with out NAMM credentials.

Ok on to Cameron Amplifiers 2012 Update:

2011 was an adventure in trying to turn around Cameron Amps from the place it was which was just about dead when I found it to now. It hasn't been without drama, headache and the such but at the end of the day we are on the right track and have some pretty kick ass amps and products on the way. I couldn't of done this with out Rob Navarrette and Dave Friedman with me the whole way and the design talent that Mark Cameron has for guitar tones. I would also like to acknowledge the guys who jumped in and ordered amps and helped us to get this train rolling again, without you guys we wouldn't of got off square one. :rock:

We are very happy to announce that after much negotiation and scheduling we have moved all of the Cameron Amp line production from the prior assembly shop at Barang to our friend and industry expert George Metropoulos and his Metro Amps.

George currently builds the Friedman line of amps among others his quality is second to none and we are very happy to be utilizing his skills and shop to build Mark Cameron's designs.

NOTE: All of our products are ground up builds with Mark Cameron designs, we are not using any Metro Kits or other such platforms. George is just making them for us with our spec'd parts and circuits.

Mark C. has expressed total trust in George and was very postive to move production to from our local assembly crew to Georges facility.

I will go down the products we have and give you current up to date build and ship targets.

1. Cameron CCV100
Price Point: $3500

We have delivered the first run of 25 Cameron CCVs and aside for some minor glitches most have been thrilled with the amps and the tones they are getting. :thumbsup:

We were targeting directly after NAMM to start shipping the second run of CCV's but with the move to Metro they will start shipping the following month in March.

George estimates he can complete 5 Cameron CCVs a week so it should move pretty quickly once they start shipping.

2. Cameron ATOMICA mod series amp
Price Point $2850

The prototype has just been shipped to us in North Hollywood as of 12/19/11 and I am told it sounds amazing. We are finishing the cosmetics for the amp now and we will have it at NAMM. This is Marks take on the Atomica amp he found and spent time with years ago and his high gain Jose circuit. This amp will feature a unique rotary control with different level of gain and a high gain and a low gain input as well. Point to Point wiring and Metro FX Loop. Target to start shipping is early February.

3. Cameron OLD BITCH mod series amp
Price Point $2850

Mark Cameron finished laying out the design last week and it has been sent to George to build the prototype. We are hoping to have this at NAMM this year but we are not sure if it will be ready on time. This is Marks take on a design he did for "Doug" which he says is really the best of his Aldrich,Norum,Ocean circuit and totally different than the ATOMICA. This amp will share the same cosmetics as the ATOMICA mod series amp and also feature a Metro FX Loop.

4. Cameron Power Attenuator
Price Point $475

Mark has had this design for awhile now but it never saw the light of day other than being sent to a few friends. Mark pretty much needed an attenuator for his own use and made this. It features a 16 and 8 ohm output, high and lower power and dedicated line out. It works remarkably well and keeps the tone intact even at a pretty low volume. We will have this at NAMM and it will be ready to ship in February.

5. Cameron Speaker Cabinets
Price Point: Varies

The new 2012 Cameron speaker cabinets are the original Mark design with the dacron, the thicker ply backing board and the sound post. Same H30 Celestions. We have instructed the builder of the original Cameron Cabs to make them exactly like they were. So there you go. They cost a bit more at $1350 per cab but they are the same exact spec as the originals. (Note: We were very pleased with the previous Cameron 4x12s tone and projection but we listen to what you guys want and we heard you loud and clear that you wanted the original design).

We also will be introducing a Cameron Design 2x12 and 1x12 cabinet at NAMM. Pricing is not yet set on these additional new cabs.

So that is the running update of what we are doing and what is coming down the line from Cameron Amps in 2012.

Good news! Thanks for the update and that answers most of my questions regarding the newly introduced Cameron amps. George is a great guy.

Will there be any CCV's present at the NAMM satellite show? If so, how many? I usually make it my order of business to not buy an amp I have not played myself irrespective of designer/builder.

Interested in trying that attenuator out. If you listen to or look at the MV levels used on the CCV (all taken at the 100w setting) from the videos from the 2010 LA Amp Show ( this applies to the audio clips too) they are not at bedroom volumes and may be too loud. At those levels, whether you are using one 4x12 or more it still is loud. It comes down to what one considers the sweet spot of the amp to be.

Cabinets. I suppose I can wait to find out further details about them at the NAMM show, but how are the 2012 versions different from the 4x12 at Tone Merchants and LA Amp Show (same as TM one?)? Sonically, I will have to listen to the new ones, but I found the ones at TM and LA Amp Show to be bright.

I think this show is going to see a lot more traffic than the regular amp show. Its gonna be great..

jerrydyer":1bx3fm1u said:
I think this show is going to see a lot more traffic than the regular amp show. Its gonna be great..

I hope so, its really cool for guys who actually want to hear the amps because they can crank them up and we can drink lots of beer while doing it. :thumbsup: Try that at the official NAMM hall. :gethim:

psychodave":3t7lw2dk said:
Good to hear. :thumbsup:

I know it is a while before the NY Amp show, but it would be great if you guys had a dedicated room to showcase all of the products...and possibly bring a few units to sell. The NY amp show has been declining in builders over the past few years and it would be a nice boost to see you guys make it :thumbsup:

Going to try like hell. :thumbsup:

King Guitar":3dqxkarp said:
jerrydyer":3dqxkarp said:

I hope so, its really cool for guys who actually want to hear the amps because they can crank them up and we can drink lots of beer while doing it. :thumbsup: Try that at the official NAMM hall. :gethim:

last year NAMM was so predictable. Same guys in the same spot. It was like the orange county fair. They need to change it up a bit.

Well, come on El Jefe.....lets have a sneak peak of the Atomica prototype and a clip before you cart it off to NAMM..... :rock: :rock: :rock:

Hey Guys,

I am still back east Rob and Dave have the ATOMICA in Cali. I have a new house out in North Hollywood now and will be heading there Jan 10.

King Guitar":302ahkfu said:
Hey Guys,

I am still back east Rob and Dave have the ATOMICA in Cali. I have a new place (lofts at NoHo) out in North Hollywood now and will be heading there Jan 10.

Well, Rob and Dave need to bare all and show us the goods :D

CALIFORNICATION II :rock:

steve_k":1wapso9g said:
King Guitar":1wapso9g said:
Hey Guys,

I am still back east Rob and Dave have the ATOMICA in Cali. I have a new place (lofts at NoHo) out in North Hollywood now and will be heading there Jan 10.

Well, Rob and Dave need to bare all and show us the goods :D

CALIFORNICATION II :rock:
:rock: :rock: Oh Ya.....Lets see it :yes:

okay,losing my mind here,suspense is killing me....need pix,clips!

pix of the OLD BITCH YET?waiting almost patiently to have mine shipped.

any news yet,Brad?

Gorehog":3icdnf4j said:

Hopefully, we will get some good pics, clips and the capture is good from the show. I am all ready to have a good time there.

enjoy!i just made a delivery in La Mirada on friday.then i had to head back to PA.drove right thru Anaheim and couldn't stop to hang out:(

Gorehog":3kgo68l6 said:

pix of the OLD BITCH YET?waiting almost patiently to have mine shipped.

any news yet,Brad?
I hate to tell you this, but I don't think the Old Bitch is ready for NAMM, only Atomica. I too am waiting for an Old Bitch, but I think the prototype is still awhile off... Brad will correct me if I'm wrong...

Steve

Hey Steve,

As always planned ATOMICA is first in with OLD BITCH following a month or so behind.

We are here with ATOMICA at the show and it sounds killer (Pics and clips coming this weekend).

OLD BITCH build gets underway immediately after the show (totally speced, drawn and ready to be prototyped).

Atomica should start shipping in March with Old Bitch right behind it. :rock:

Back