Cameron Amps and the future of the brand...

Great post.
I agree. I gave my Son the one off “Cantrell” model (aka Snorkler) with different tone stack. The other three Aldrich’s and a Jose were just not for me.

I sent a working chassis to Mark by his request for a second one off build on 4 August, 2016. He told me several times it was nearly finished. Jason told me two years in he could get it back to me but I should wait so I waited.

Now Jason said it is between Mark and I.

Over 5 years now. I cut contact well over a year ago.

David

Last edited:
Mark has proven to be scumbag timt and time again but I have often wondered if he mentally ill seriously

Hey Guys,

Started a new thread to try to keep you guys updated as to what is going on with the Cameron deal.

I did in fact speak with Mark tonight. He is agreeable to letting me take over the whole operation and trying to sort it out. I made no promises but said I would speak with the maker and see if in fact they had everything they need to start production of Cameron CCV's.

If the answer is yes, than I will fly back out to LA and meet with them and discuss the details of the production. None of this is solid yet and I am still working through the details but I think its only fair I report back to you guys what I am trying to do as there as been a lack of transparency with the Cameron brand that has lead to a bad place.

I will commit to financing the production of these amps if it makes sense to do so. I will be the only person selling these amps through King Guitar and Rig-Talk.com. No more dealing with Mark for any of it. If I put my reputation in this it has to be squeaky clean.

Mark will have zero to do with any of the production, fulfillment or money going forward. He will just be free to design new products I can have built at a later date.

I am told there are 14 people who have paid for amps but not gotten them from Mark. If you are one of these people please post in this thread when and how much you sent Mark/Jerry/Chris.

I dont know how to resolve these people who paid for amps and got nothing but my sympathy is with them. Part of what I told Mark was any money he would receive (Royalties per amp) for new amp sales that I make would have to go to getting these guys their amps they already paid for as its the right thing to do. He already got the money and owes them an amp. He did not disagree.

So, who knows what will happen but I am trying to work it out. The only way it flies is if I am the only one handling this so we can bring back trust and good feelings to the black eye that has become Cameron Amps. We all know Mark builds a bad ass killer amp and is a genius with tone, nobody is disputing that.

I will report back when I have any more pertinent info, hopefully it will work out for all involved but please understand I am NOT getting into business with Mark Cameron. I am bringing an already established product to market my way, with my reputation and my finances.

Anything else and I will withdraw and not be interested. You guys, the forum and my good name are paramount here. I wont tell you I can deliver this amp if I cant do it.

More when I have it...

B
huge.jpg
:hys: :hys: :hys: :hys: :hys: :hys:

Haven't seen a Cameron amp for sale in a while
Agreed. Mark moved location and hooked up with Jason (suckerfreegear).

Over the last few years has been working on amps behind the scene as well as Jason releasing Kemper stuff, but it's been mainstream quiet for a few years now.

I think Steve Stevens is referring to Mark, but not by direct name and when saying a lot of Friedman amps were getting screwed up and one guy in particular when you got your amp, there was all this goop in it and guy thought he was a genius (at 5:30 in) !!! :ROFLMAO:

Over the last few years has been working on amps behind the scene as well as Jason releasing Kemper stuff, but it's been mainstream quiet for a few years now.

I think Steve Stevens is referring to Mark, but not by direct name and when saying a lot of Friedman amps were getting screwed up and one guy in particular when you got your amp, there was all this goop in it and guy thought he was a genius (at 5:30 in) !!! :ROFLMAO:

Highly doubtfully as Mark made great sounding amps. He was known for goop and being a piece of shit, but not for him screwing up mods.

Highly doubtfully as Mark made great sounding amps. He was known for goop and being a piece of shit, but not for him screwing up mods.
Right but we can’t really expect SS to say that right there. In some peoples mind if you mess with someone else’s mod (esp someone with some cred like DF) then you screwed it up. Even if it sounded better to most other people.

Right but we can’t really expect SS to say that right there. In some peoples mind if you mess with someone else’s mod (esp someone with some cred like DF) then you screwed it up. Even if it sounded better to most other people.
Again, highly doubtful as there are several reports of Friedman taking some of Camerons ideas. Have ready it in a few places, but who knows about that.

Again, highly doubtful he's referring to Mark if it's quality of mod (minus goop).

If I am not wrong Mark and Jason parted ways years ago.

I visited Mark and Jason a couple of times a few years ago at their house in Boulder Creek, CA (just north of Santa Cruz). Haven't heard from either one since maybe... late 2018. I know there was a fire in that area and part of the town was evacuated for a short period. And then covid. So who knows.

How are you doing man!! I havent seen you around in AGES!!
Thanks for the reply and it is good to hear from you too. How are you doing? I am actually doing good. Took a huge break from playing and gear. Have not bought much gear recently except an EVH 50W 6L6 1x12 combo, EVH 212 cab and a Suhr PT 2x12 cab. Have a Luxxtone Choppa T on order. I still have my Atomica and Gower KK++modded Marshall. I played through the Atomica today.

Back