Cameron Aldrich Mod

steve_k":2vrmytls said:
charveldan":2vrmytls said:
I'd damn near donate a kidney for that 2nd Cameron.......... :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Steve is that "low" mic setting on the Zoom working for you???

Only female body parts being considered.......

oyster-on-the-half-shell.jpg

Interested in any shellfish??? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Steve!! if you got the 50watt aldrich from texmarkmusic, it is the best amp i ever owned, and i have owned just about every amp out there, had to sell them for medical bills and held on to that aldrich until the last minute i could, and it rocked brutally hard!!! enjoy it if it is!!!!!!!
mike

mooncobra":3gcpzvna said:
Steve!! if you got the 50watt aldrich from texmarkmusic, it is the best amp i ever owned, and i have owned just about every amp out there, had to sell them for medical bills and held on to that aldrich until the last minute i could, and it rocked brutally hard!!! enjoy it if it is!!!!!!!
mike

Both are 100 watts.

Both of the Cameron's have SED 34's. The Suhr has ARS 34's and the Golub has SED's. For preamp tubes, The two Cameron's have RFT's in V1 and Penta C9's in V2/V3. The Suhr has an NOS Mullard in V1 and Penta C9's in V2/V3/V4 and the Golub has straight Penta C9's in V1-V4.

Steve

mooncobra":l13102r3 said:
mike

chance that i've got that one? :confused: :LOL: :LOL:

sah5150":2fmrwx1a said:
steve_k":2fmrwx1a said:
Having owned a CCV and now this one, you can certainly tell that the CCV voicing and layout was built around the Aldrich mod. So, you will definitely have the Aldrich covered somewhat in a CCV. Won't be the same though. You will still retain a lot of Marshall tone in the Aldrich whereas with the CCV you are going to lose some of that, at least that is what I remember of my two CCV's. The CCV will have the dual gain pots and clipping circuits like the Aldrich, where one is a push/pull pot here. However, they are a little more tame on the Aldrich and the gain is not too over the top. The CCV got out of hand much quicker than the Aldrich gain. And, it is likely designed that way as the CCV will have an additional tube stage, if I remember correctly. The bottom and resonance controls on the NFB circuit on this Aldrich is what adds some character and control to this amp like no other.
I'm not sure quite what you mean by "the CCV voicing and layout was built around the Aldrich mod" because they are very different amps. The CCV has two channels. One is two gain stages, the other is three. Both with cathode followers. A lot of the gain and saturation in both channels comes from the diode (and other things) clipping circuitry. The Aldrich mod's I've seen are four gain stages, no cathode follower and do not have the clipping circuitry. They do not need it because there is enough gain from the 4 stages. The CCV is much closer to the HG/LG Jose mods Mark does than the Aldrich mods I've seen. The CCV has less gain stages than the Aldrich mods I've seen, not more - the percieved gain of the CCV may be more to you because of the saturation of the clipping circuitry. The Aldrich is voiced much more modern and agressive as well. I dunno maybe yours is some kind of hybrid... Is your amp 4 gain stages or 3 and a cathode follower? Based on my understanding and talking to Mark, the CCM was supposed to be more like the Aldrich - 4 gain stages, no clipping circuits, but he said to me it was really his business partner's idea to bring it to market and not his... The CCV was his take on the HG/LG Jose...

The reason you may feel you are losing the "Marshall" with the CCV is because the power section is different than a Marshall, while the Aldrich you have mainly still has a Marshall power section.

Steve

This exactly...♫

sah5150":2f162n3g said:
steve_k":2f162n3g said:
Having owned a CCV and now this one, you can certainly tell that the CCV voicing and layout was built around the Aldrich mod. So, you will definitely have the Aldrich covered somewhat in a CCV. Won't be the same though. You will still retain a lot of Marshall tone in the Aldrich whereas with the CCV you are going to lose some of that, at least that is what I remember of my two CCV's. The CCV will have the dual gain pots and clipping circuits like the Aldrich, where one is a push/pull pot here. However, they are a little more tame on the Aldrich and the gain is not too over the top. The CCV got out of hand much quicker than the Aldrich gain. And, it is likely designed that way as the CCV will have an additional tube stage, if I remember correctly. The bottom and resonance controls on the NFB circuit on this Aldrich is what adds some character and control to this amp like no other.
I'm not sure quite what you mean by "the CCV voicing and layout was built around the Aldrich mod" because they are very different amps. The CCV has two channels. One is two gain stages, the other is three. Both with cathode followers. A lot of the gain and saturation in both channels comes from the diode (and other things) clipping circuitry. The Aldrich mod's I've seen are four gain stages, no cathode follower and do not have the clipping circuitry. They do not need it because there is enough gain from the 4 stages. The CCV is much closer to the HG/LG Jose mods Mark does than the Aldrich mods I've seen. The CCV has less gain stages than the Aldrich mods I've seen, not more - the percieved gain of the CCV may be more to you because of the saturation of the clipping circuitry. The Aldrich is voiced much more modern and agressive as well. I dunno maybe yours is some kind of hybrid... Is your amp 4 gain stages or 3 and a cathode follower? Based on my understanding and talking to Mark, the CCM was supposed to be more like the Aldrich - 4 gain stages, no clipping circuits, but he said to me it was really his business partner's idea to bring it to market and not his... The CCV was his take on the HG/LG Jose...

The reason you may feel you are losing the "Marshall" with the CCV is because the power section is different than a Marshall, while the Aldrich you have mainly still has a Marshall power section.

Steve

I absolutely agree about the differences in design between the CCV & Aldrich. I kinda get what steve_k is saying though... I can dial both my CCV & Cameron Aldrich Marshall so close to each other that I honestly cannot tell the difference between the two in a blind A/B test, and I'm using a Radial Headbone to switch the 2 heads between 1 cab in real-time. Although there's some overlap in tone, dialing the two amps differently would yield the true character of each.

I'll try to get clips one of these days...

72fpNVD.jpg

AFA06wP.jpg

I too have owned / own both and agree with what both are saying in regard to tonality. They can be dialed in to sound VERY similar, but for me, the biggest difference between the two is in how they feel under the fingers. Both feel huge, but the Aldridge has a sharper (more "square wave") attack / feel, more "Marshall" character for lack of a better description. The CCV has a softer front edge attack more like that of a high gain Mesa, for instance. It's kind of like a hot rod Marshall vs a hot rod Fender in terms of feel - if any of that makes since. Again, just my impression. Love them both!

Back