Egnater Clip Collective

I will add to this thread....

I recorded a couple clips of the Egnater EG 3/4 dual channel and EG3 single channel modules. I was checking sounds and mics for some upcoming recording and thought these may be of use to some of you that are curious about these modules. These recordings are very raw and un-effected with the exception of a little bit of room reverb. No compression, no eq, no noise reduction. ....can you will hear alot of noise in the clips from my pc screen? These clips were posted in the rawest form so you can hear what the module sounds like, at least in my setup.
Clips were recorded with 1 SM57 on bottom speaker of Egnater 4x12 w/V30's, straight into Sonar 6. Both modules were in my MOD 50 set to low power with Tung Sol 5881 tubes. Guitar was a Gibson Les Paul with JB bridge and 59 neck.

You can hear the difference and similarities between these modules. First clip is EG 3/4 with a little reverse/delay-thing intro. First is channel 1 (EG3) with gain almost maxed. Ch B comes in at about 1:22. The second clip is the older single channel EG3 with gain about 2:00.

I did not intend for these clips to be polished so please excuse the slop and noise.

https://soundclick.com/share?songid=6893520

https://soundclick.com/share?songid=6893557

great playing ...great tone ..

you know that sound that EVH used to have and lost ..

I think you may have found it ..

muudrock":2dmd5mps said:
I did not intend for these clips to be polished so please excuse the slop and noise.

Slop and noise my ass.......you rock my friend! Great tone and playing man. I've never been too hot on the JB, but that in your LP rocks!! :rock:

muudrock:

Fantastic tone, fantastic playing, man. Thanks for the EG 3/4 demo. Unfortunately,
you have me GASing for one now. Thanks for that. :gethim: :thumbsup:

Scott, holy christ that sounds great!

Absolutely great tone and even better playing. Your phrasing reminds me alot of Vai.

Man, EG3/4 GAS Attack!!!

Very nice playing! I’m glad someone posted some clips of the EG3/4 that really do it justice; it’s been my go to high gain module since I first got it.

Yes! The EG3/4 is definitely one of my go to recording modules. I hope to get some more "raw" clips up on some other modules soon.

Here's my attempt at adding something to this thread.

This is a clip of the EG3/4 on the A channel.

Gain is about 2 o'clock with a Les Paul w/ Wolfetone Marshall Head pickups w/MOD100 with GT-E34L tubes.

TC G-Force for a little bit of reverb thru amps loop.

Recorded with Pro Tools. No EQ & used a DR-880 for drum and bass tracks.

Attachments

• Spanish Fly 2 Bounce.mp3
    2 MB · Views: 1,189
Here's a newer recording I've done with the SL2 for leads. Its an acoustic rhythm with an electric guitar melody idea I threw down in about an hour. (No making fun of my drums or bass messups!)

I just really like the SL2 for the creamy leads that I thought I should share :).

Eric

Attachments

• sl2.mp3
    2.5 MB · Views: 918
aeroic":1q11jyft said:
Here's a newer recording I've done with the SL2 for leads. Its an acoustic rhythm with an electric guitar melody idea I threw down in about an hour. (No making fun of my drums or bass messups!)

I just really like the SL2 for the creamy leads that I thought I should share :).

Eric

Eric, sounds great dude! Reminds me of Schon for some reason.

EWSEthan":2r3gp4wo said:
aeroic":2r3gp4wo said:

Eric

Eric, sounds great dude! Reminds me of Schon for some reason.

thanks man! neal schon is the man!! thank you very much for the compliment :). It's just an idea i threw down in 45 or so minutes, so it's rough, but I wanted to share the SL2 love!

Eric

aeroic":1svu0pe5 said:

Eric

That sounds great dude. Totally different from your other stuff! Nice versatility, playing and tone!

Sounds great Eric! Love the vibrato and the string rakes on those big bends. Nice melody - you can sing it!

Back