Replacement power transformer for Tourmaster 4100?

drummachinegun

Looks like my TM needs a tranny replacement, the case is similar to these ones:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=92847
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=95079

A local amp tech has confirmed a short circuit in the transformer caused by poor soldering, so the transformer needs to be replaced or rewound.

The biggest problem is that I'm located in Russia and I'm the second owner, so sending the amp to Egnater for service would hardly make sense.

I've emailed Nate concerning a possibility to purchase a transformer from Egnater but still haven't got a response.

Hope I can get a reply from Egnater here...

Thanks,
Grigory

If you have to replace it anyway, you might look to see if there is something lighter and quieter. That transformer is part of why the line out is so noisy.

Len Rabinowitz":3u3unogy said:
If you have to replace it anyway, you might look to see if there is something lighter and quieter.
According to the tech, any standard (or available on ebay) transformer doesn't have all the taps the original "power plant" has.

Though it would be interesting to replace it with a Heyboer or MM, there are no alternatives to the original part in this case as far as I get it.

Seems like all mail I send to Egnater's corporate addresses gets turned down by a spam filter.

Ian, are there any other ways to contact Gustavo? (alternative email, skype etc.)
Nate redirected me to him and we exchanged a couple of messages but now everyone's been silent for too long again.

Yep, that's the address Gustavo mailed me from and I answered him right away.
Those messages had been mailed on July 22 if that's relevant.

Thanks Ian, I received an email from Gustavo shortly after that, responded immediately but he's gone silent again.

This one-way communication obviously doesn't bring any results. Maybe there's an option to get in contact some other way?

I've been trying to order a spare part for a month already... It's tough to live without my primary recording amp, especially in a place where people usually worship Dual Rec and JCM2000, srsly.

:(

i know this is almost 10 years old, but I am on the same boat with a bad transformer on a 4100 Tourmaster, and Egnater is out of reach on phones & email. Does anybody know what is going on with them?
Are they out of business?
Has anybody had any luck with them replacing parts?
Anybody had any luck finding a replacement transformer for the tourmaster 4100?

I don't really expect an answer but what's there to lose ;)

Back